FAKE EMAIL FROM FAKE PAYPAL IN NIGERIA

AdamShoshan
New Community Member

Please be careful.

There are people bidding on items who have fake emails set up from Nigera.

They Bid on your item, win and then send you fake emails with the Paypal skin.

*****Assurance From PayPal Team Support ***** From PAYPAL.CO.UK

Dear *** ( my name is here ),

We are pleased to inform you that the payment is still pending and will not be released into your PayPal account until we receive the shipping  details of the item from you.What you suggest is against PayPal refund policy,and as such we can not welcome such suggestion.We strongly believe that we have answered your questions as we may not entertain any further questioning from you concerning this issue.

Hence we advise that you proceed with the shipping of the item to the buyer so that we can credit your account as soon as you send us the tracking number and we have contact eBay on this issue may be you are fraud seller  please get back to us with the tracking number as soon as you send the item to the buyer address.

Afolabi Emmanuel
  279,Abeokuta Motor Rd
  Agege,
  Lagos,23401
  Nigeria

Please respond within the next 24hrs..

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

CallumTuckey
New Community Member

Hello,

I have unfortuantly been a victim to this today. I checked my paypal emails on my iphone which showed an email address of service@ paypal.com  however when I signed in on my computer I noticed the full email address pay_palverificationdepartments - I too sent the item upon having thought the payment would be in within 14 hours. Currently my parcel is on its way to Nigeria - The police told me they are not allowed to touch the parcel as it had a legal duty to reach the reciever and that any interferance with a parcel is a criminal offiense for anyone.  - I am hoping my home contents insurance can cover the cost of the Camera which was stolen by fraud.  I called Paypal and they said that they never sent an email which is when I investigated. So anoying. I even went as far as Emailing the Nigerian police in hopes of some form of email back.

Login to Me Too

Wonderland17
Contributor
Contributor
This sort of thing happened to me, i put my camera on and immediately at 1 in the morning an ebay account called "anniejulius" bought my item, i started to get suspicious when they're account had no feedback or anything and when they emailed me saying they'd like to see pictures it was odd as pictures were on my ebay page, after that o got numerous emails from paypal claming the buyer had paid and i had to send a tracking number in order to receive my payment until i scrolled down and saw it had been sent from a nigerian address, i new it was a scam and would never send any item without a secure payment made, it's jusy unfortunate for those who do fall for it
Login to Me Too

Noesis
New Community Member

I had similar issue as i sold a Note 2 on ebay and gumtree.

I was contacted by an :

Nike Emmanuella

128 Kings Evenue 

Greenford Middlesex

UB6 9DD

London

He/she was using a fake paypal claming like the others here that the money was pending and i had to supply the tracking number before i would recive the money and nothing happened.

All in all i lost 270 + 10 pounds in post chrages.

I contacted paypal and all they did was telling me to send the emails to spoof_at_paypal_dot_com

I feel very angry and i will never use paypal ever again because i am poor and cant afford to lose money this way.

Paypal seem kinda careless to this when i called them and wouldnt compensate me.

The email used by Nike Emmanuella was nikeemmanuella_at_outlook_dot_com and service_at_paypal_dot_com

Unlike the others here i cant tell if it was from nigeria or what.

All i know now that i am very angry and i hate paypal and Nike.

I will be going to that address to take the law into my own hands as the law has failed me.

Advise to others dont ever use paypal as they dont help when it goes wrong nor do they care just use cash payment or direct bank transfer.

I am done with paypal.

Login to Me Too

stephen5shaw
Contributor
Contributor
I am selling an xbox on ebay, and a person claiming to be in ohio bought it, he says it is for a birthday present for his sister who lives in nigeria because she works at the nigerian embassy. He wants me to send it to nigeria and after research i told him no. He payed me but the payment is still "pending" because i have not put the tracking number. I havent even shipped it yet. How do i make sure that i am not charged and the payment goes away so i can relist the item on eBay?
Login to Me Too

Sealsruss
Yup this just happend to me this morning and I almost sent it. Hello, It is my pleasure to inform you that I have carried out the payment via eBay to PayPal, i just got a receipt from paypal so if you haven't received any confirmation regarding my payment, please check your spam now, am sure you must have been notified regarding my payment. I bought it for my sister as a Birthday present. she works with the american embassy in nigeria. I would have asked you to post it to my eBay address but am currently on a business trip, and no one will be at home to receive it. Here is the delivering address. Afolabi Emmanuel 76, Hope Street, Agege, Lagos State. 23401 Nigeria. I want you to ship the item to the address via USPS EXPRESS MAIL FIRST CLASS SERVICE today before the post office is closed so that the item will get there as soon as possible and i added $100 for posting to Nigeria but i think shipping to Nigeria shouldn't be up to that. Please get back to me ASAP with the shipping tracking number of the item shipped. NOTE: Please wrap the item carefully, write GIFT on the paper. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience I might cause you. Thanks I hope others will check before they send out a gift internationally. I almost lost 800 dollars.
Login to Me Too

stephen5shaw
Contributor
Contributor
Since the pay pal email was fake, there was no money transacted either way. So after a couple of hours i got a REAL email from paypal saying that the buyers account was compromised and i was able to re list my xbox right away!
Login to Me Too

Pierpa
New Community Member

Hi guys !!!

I have found this other fake mail from paypal. Please be aware of it !!!!!!

We want to inform you that the sum of $1,299.00 USD money has been deducted from your buyer's account but will not be credited into your account until we receive the information or prove that the said amount of   ($499.00 USD) which the buyer requested to b e sent out to the shipper via Western Union.

All we want you to do is to send us the information given to you at the Western Union Office or your Bank after you might have sent the agreed amount of money to the mover.

Mover's Address Below:

XXXXX
Boston,
MA 02119
USA.

Details needed in order for us to credit your account:

1. Sender's Name and Address
2. MTCN
3. Amount Sent

This act is done to protect both the buyer and seller from fraudulent activities moreover do not send the MTCN to the buyer until your account has been credited with the total sum of  $1,299.00 USD.

As soon as you send the MTCN to us,we will verify and you will receive a mail informing you that your account has been credited.

Warning: As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, all inquiries should be directed to us by replying to this e-mail as it is the one being monitored for your transaction which is because the status of this transaction has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section.Contact us via this email and not by phone calls the mail is being monitored by the FBI  team.We are making changes in our phone communication.Your calls may be picked by scammed artists here on the net that's why we need to make changes in our phone communications.

We do not want any more delay in crediting your account.

We hope to read from you soon.

Thank you for using PayPal! 
The PayPal Team

PayPal Account Review Department

Copyright © 2015 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Pierpa, 

Welcome to the community.

We have edited your post to comply with forum guidelines however thanks for sharing and making people aware.

Any suspicious emails can be sent to spoof@paypal.com.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

emimay97
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happend to me! Thankfully I didn't send the item. Rang PayPal and they told me to ignore them and have no further contact. They will try and traget new sellers so be aware! The customer service team were increadibly helpful!

The fraudulante seller called themselves Sila

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.