new seller, sold a item. funds?

spiral199
New Community Member

Says my funds may take 21 days to clear? I was going to use the money from the auction to pay for the shipping and thought I would receive the money when it sold. 

Payment Status: PENDING

Complete - funds not available  

Withheld 

$35.77 USD

If I have to spend my own money and ship it and wait 21 says to a buyer who is also new and have no idea if he can chargeback and keep my item, then I should go ahead and request for a refund.

I just sold the item an hour ago, so maybe it will take a few hours for it to clear or will it take 21 days?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

new seller hold up to 21 days,sometimes longer but usually released sooner.

you are supposed to have some free cash to pay for shipping.

if this is Ebay,then ask them to free up to $15 for shipping,if not Ebay,I dont know how it works.

sooner yo mark it shipped,upload tracking,and tracking shows delivered,the sooner it would be released.

download a copy of PAYPAL terms and agreement,read seller and buyer protection and fees. 

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Spiral199,

First off, Welcome To eBay! Before i answer your concerns i just wanted to let you know that here on eBay the Excutives Office of The President is VERY strict when it comes to their policies. Since you are a new seller you will want to start sellling very low items & grow your reputation on eBay. Keep your selling performacne above standard & handle every issues with your buyers with good customer service BUT, too many issues is also a bad thing! Sell authentic items & keep all your reciepts for the items you sell as in the future after you graduate from the pending program on PayPal, the internal will place your account on hold until you can verify your identity & verify that your selling legal items & to prove that you will need invoices and/or receipts. Keep in mind that whatever they ask you for is what they will want to see as they wont take no buts or any begging. eBay is very strict when it comes to their policies & they dont take too kind to policy violations but they do take somethings into consideration. Keep in mind that if eBay places your account on a selling restriction then you can NOT open another account to sell as that is considered cicumventing & they DEFINITELY will block your account from eBay as they have their ways of finding out (which i can NOT tell you) & they will link all your accounts & restrict them all. This is considered as bad behavior & if they see same behavior from you then they will place an INDEFINITE restriction on your account with NO FURTHER APPEALS!! IF you start selling very high priced items once your new then, this is considered as a high risk behavior & they will restrict your selling abilities on eBay without being able to appeal it. Now, i mentioned the PayPal pending program which i will now explain to you. When your new to eBay, this program is a common practice for all new sellers so that eBay can maintain a safe online marketplace & make sure that buyers are satisfied & that sellers dont try to run away with the money. Very important tip: when you start a selling business, you always want to go into your business with some money ready for any situations such as this one & keep in mind that here on eBay as a seller you might lose some money as well as it happens to alot of us. When you ship an item out you have the option to use tracking or to ship cheaper without tracking. IF you ship without tracking then, you will have to wait out the 21 days to receive the money unless the buyer files a return claim. Now, if you ship with tracking & add it to the system then, when the item is delivered to the buyer, PayPal will give it 3 days for the buyer to inspect the item & decide if they are satisfied. After 3 days if there are no complains then, PayPal will release the funds into your account balance. Now, lets be honest, PayPal doesnt have the best system as it has so many glitches & errors. IF you are not to receive the funds after 3 days from being delivered then, you can simply call into PayPal support & they will manually release it for you. Also, when you sign the shipping user agreement on eBay, they let you ship on their site by using the money from the pending transaction. How this works is that once they pending transaction is complete, eBay will charge the transaction for the shipping amount used to ship out the item. I believe if im not mistaken, they only give you a capacity of $15. I would prefer STAMPS.com which is a site that charges very cheap for shipping out items but its only via USPS & you have to pay a monthly fee. Now, the way to graduate from this pending program is by selling more than 25 items & over $250 with good seller feedback & your account must be opened for more than 90 days. After that is done then, your transaction will be available instantly in your account balance. However, IF PayPal sees bad behavior from you on selling then, they will place you back on the pending program until your account is cleaned & above standard on PayPal & there is nothing that eBay can do about that as that decision was made in PayPal's world NOT eBay. With all this have said, I may have missed some information but i hope i cleared things up for you & kind of gave you an idea of how this all works. PLEASE DO NOT VIOLATE ANY POLICIES ON EBAY AS ONCE THEY PLACE YOU ON A RESTRICTION OR SUSPENSION THEY WILL NOT REINSTATE YOUR ACCOUNT NO MATTER WHAT STORY YOU USE ON THEM! I advise you to read all user agreement & privicay policies & rules on eBay & PayPal so that you know what is expected from you & you wont violate any because IF you do & you tell them that you did not know, they will simply tell you that you signed & agreed to the user agreement & it was stated in it. Best of luck to you & your business on eBay & have a good one buddy! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.