Seller reneged

kamslm
New Community Member

Very disappointing experience. I purchased an eBay item at an exceptional price through the 'Buy it Now' option.  This item was not inexpensive either.  Paid for it within 24 hours.  Never heard from the seller except to get a notification from PayPal that the seller cancelled the order because the 'item is out of stock or is damaged'.  Well that was an absolute crock based on the photos and I know for a fact that the item was easily $600 under market. Okay, so I let it go and want to leave negative feedback for this clown because I know darn right there was nothing wrong with the item and he just wanted to renege on the deal. Here's the second (and most) frustrating part.  eBay pulled the item out of my purchased item list so I cannot leave feedback at all!  Next there is no dispute mechanism for me to file a dispute or report with PayPal.  So, basically this jerk gets to keep his 100% positive feedback on eBay and a **bleep** buyer doesn't get to say anything about it!  eBay and PayPal get your acts together!!!!  I searched both sites for over 1/2 hour to find a way to leave either a dispute message or a live contact to complain about this process and could not get one.  So, eBay and PayPal if you read these messages get in touch with me so I can leave a dishonest seller appropriate negative feedback and the rest of the community has accurate information by which to make their buying decisions with this guy in the future!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kamslm,

Allow me to explain this situation to you further on how this type of process works. So i work closely with eBay representatives to try to provide the best solution for the community unless it involves account specific information. So after speaking with the proper department on eBay for this situation, unfortunately, you wont be able to leave any feedback on this one as once an order is canceled, the feedback option is removed for both seller & buyer. However, the seller will recieve a bad defect rate as the seller on eBay is expected to have an item that is listed up & if he/she does not then, it will go on their records which is evaluated monthly by eBay. You also have the option to report the seller if you wish to do so but, i doubt that will do anything as the seller does have the right to cancel an order but, it will go on their record & too much of that can lead to a seller not being able to sell on eBay again. As for PayPal, their just a payment processor as i dont think you can leave any feedback through PayPal. IF you have any money related issues then, they can help you with that. Hope I clarified this up for you tonight. Have a good one & i recommend not to shop from that seller again. Thank You! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.