Paypal Credit

BStreet45
Contributor
Contributor

I have truly about given up on Paypal and it's horrible customer service.  I recently applied for Paypal Credit (first time user) and got approved.  So, I decided to shop around on ebay for wholesale items to resell for profit.  I was able to make 2 purchases (about $75 or so) and then everything quit working.  I woke up the next morning and attempted to buy a similar item from the same seller I just bought from the prior night and it said the seller doesnt accept paypal credit (HUH?).  I tried to make a purchase at three different sellers, 2 claimed the option wasn't available for paypal or paypal credit (even though the seller accepts them) and one let it go through.  I thought, let me try the one that went through again and sure enough, paypal and paypal credit are grayed out.  

What the heck is the point of approving for a credit line if you cannot use it?!  Upon speaking with someone at paypal, she gives me the run around that well we don't see any request being denied on our end but let me check something.  Oh, it looks like your requests are never making it to us and they are being denied before making it to us to process.  You'll just have to keep trying over and over until it works, it's a security thing.

I call BS.  My profile is 100% complete, I have verified my identify and STILL can't use the credit line I was approved for.  It's absolutely absurd!!  I've googled this issue and found hundrends of folks are having the same problem.  Whats the point??

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When we sign up for Paypal,we agree to allow Paypal to obtain credit report on us,Paypal has its own criteria on our creditworthiness.

Since you are able to buy a few items,make payment when the bill comes and go from there.

Paypal also will send the Paypal here cardreader to anyone who applies and then they find out they are not allowed to use them,go figure ! 

Login to Me Too

BStreet45
Contributor
Contributor

Oh it gets better!  Not even an hour after I posted to complain about the issue, my account was limited. I've sent the required documentation and now waiting for it to be reviewed.  This is absolutely beyond rediculous!  If the horror stories I have read are true i dont see how they are still in business, 45 years in customer service myself and their customer service is a complete disaster.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@BStreet45 wrote:

Oh it gets better!  Not even an hour after I posted to complain about the issue, my account was limited. I've sent the required documentation and now waiting for it to be reviewed.  This is absolutely beyond rediculous!  If the horror stories I have read are true i dont see how they are still in business, 45 years in customer service myself and their customer service is a complete disaster.

Does your employer use robot?

Do you have a business account?It looks like business accounts get more attention from them,asking for documentation etc.

It has to do with anti terrorism law elected in Europe and USA,also money laundering.

Login to Me Too

BStreet45
Contributor
Contributor

Just like how we complain when things are difficult to use I must also now commend paypal on their quick response.  They have reviewed everything and restored access in less than 24 hours.  So for those that are complaining about months of waiting, you have to be doing something wrong as I had no trouble with getting my documents verified.

Kudos to paypal.  I actually feel a bit better now about this whole experience.  I see now my safety and security is their top priority and I cannot be mad about that now.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

BStreet45
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke too soon.  Still can't do a thing with the account or the credit line.  This is the worst decision I could've ever made signing up for this.  Anyone else having continual problems even after verifying documents, IDs, bank accounts, credit cards?  What do they want, a DNA sample??

SHEESH!  Tried to add money from the confirmed and verified bank account and get this error:

There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us.

Try to use paypal/paypal credit on ebay, still greyed out saying to contact them.  Beyond absurd and truly a waste of my time.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There seems to be technical glitch with Paypal system,debit cards not working,payment not showing up,PAD not worked as agreed.

Business accounts get more scrutiny due to new laws passed in USA and Europe.

I stop using PAYPAL business debit card and print shipping labels elsewhere,and I regularly transferred Paypal fund into my bank account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Dude, PayPal Credit, the way you are using it is inappropriate.  You need to slow your roll and are buying too fast.  This line of credit is for personal, family and household use.  

"Use of Account: You promise to use this Account only for personal, family, or household purposes."  You know, like buying a casual item here and there. Not for you to buy up a storm right off the bat for resale. This is not a business line of credit.  

They track patterns of activity, frequency of the purchases and will not put your transactions through or limit your account like they already did if your pattern of activity if suspicious.  They have sophisticated security algorithms to flag this pattern to reduce risk.  Mannnnn!  Omg and then you gonna try to put it on PayPal like its PayPal fault.  ::sigh::   Smh.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is Paypal micro managing ?

credit is credit,as long as we pay our bills in timely manner,why should Paypal tell us what to do with the money,whether we buy for ourselves or resell or buy the same item several times?

It is like getting an equity loan on your house to replace the roof,or send kids to college or go on a shopping binge or a cruise to the Arctic?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.