Paypal Credit Option is Greyed Ebay

JC-2012F
Contributor
Contributor

I won an aunction and i coulnd't pay for it with Paypal Credit when the it says it was available and that was the reason i bid.  When i try to pay or finish the checkout the option is greyed out and when i click it this message shows up

PayPal Credit isn't eligible for this purchase, which may be due to one of the following reasons:
  • A seller isn’t eligible to accept PayPal Credit
  • You’re buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported
  • You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account

When i use the option everytimem even i paid for another item from another seller and it went ok and my standing with Paypal Credit is good so the problem may not  be from my end.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

spec24
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. Switched to another computer and issue disappeared. 

Login to Me Too

Niigel
Contributor
Contributor

There's a couple reasons this may happen...

1)  One of the following conditions may be true: 

• A seller isn’t eligible to accept PayPal Credit
  • You’re buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported
  • You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account

2)  Your browser may not be supported.  Make sure you're on the newest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, or Safari.  Chrome is a preferred browser.

I assume that you are seeing this error on the first Check Out/ Pay Now screen.  If you cannot click the box at all (it's greyed-out from the very first screen) it is very likely that one of the conditions from section 1 above are true.  

NOTE:

*Not all sellers may accept PayPal Credit as a Payment Option.  They can both accept PayPal payments and not accept PayPal Credit payments.  It is not required that a seller accept PayPal Credit as an option.  (or they may not have the type of account that makes them eligible for PayPal Credit payments)  

*Items being sold by a foreign seller or in a foreign currency that PayPal Credit does not accept will not allow you to use the PayPal Credit option.

*If you have made recent changes to your PayPal account or added new products or services to your PayPal account, then you may have a conflict.  (i.e. PayPal Extras) 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.