Is there anyway to get my funds released earlier?

Oval
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item that doesn't need delivery and the estimated date for released funds is 8/21. The buyer has left good feedback on ebay already.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oval
Contributor
Contributor

I actually called Paypal and they released it no questions asked! Sorry for the late reply haha

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oval

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Also Ebay feedback has no bearing on payment release.

Normally for the Ebay hold its when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage or 21 days if you can't do that.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

call Ebay,be  nice,they may release your fund on the phone if it is not a big amount and you aint no trouble maker

Login to Me Too
Solved

Oval
Contributor
Contributor

I actually called Paypal and they released it no questions asked! Sorry for the late reply haha

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Oval  First, the hold put on your funds is only until you establish a good reputation with eBay sales ... I was fortunate and had a fast start when I began to sell and in month 2 the $$ was coming right through ... as @kernowlass mentioned, if the item is shipped with tracking, once it gets delivered the funds may be released sooner.  I noted in your post the item does not need delivered so I assume you had it set for Local Pickup.  The Buyer obviously used PayPal but you do have the option to accept cash at pick up instead.  Once the item is "picked up" you need to go to the Sold file and use the pulldown to confirm it was shipped (so to speak) and use the "Mark item shipped" choice. Pic below of a Local Pickup item with the pulldown.

Screenshot (834).png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.