Ebay item dispute, item not received.

feelurheart143
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a motorola mobile phone which i have won in an auction from ebay worth $175. The seller has shipped the item through usps prority international on 4 th Feb, he has shared the tracking number and till now i haven't received the item. i have contacted the seller & he seems to be suggesting that he is not responsible for the lost item . I have raised a dispute now with paypal which under review. I have few questions which i want someone to answer them.

1. What are the chances for me getting a total refund ?

2.  How many days does paypal takes to review a dispute which is escalated to a claim ?

3 . If the refund is processed, how many days does it take to received a refund ?

- Any suggestions are welcome.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Once a dipute is filed you have 20 days to escalate it to a Paypal claim.

Paypal will do very little till it's escalated to a claim.

If you do not escalate it within the 20 days it will "time out" and be in the sellers favor.

Don't let the deadline pass.

If the seller can't prove delivery >>>> online viewable delivery to you, and you have escalated the dispute to a claim you will win and be refunded by paypal.

International shipments can take up to 60 days.

Login to Me Too

feelurheart143
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply . I have escalated the dispute to a claim 2 days back. The status says being reviewed by paypal. Do u know how long paypal takes to review the claim & decide an outcome ? 

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

They usually give 7 to 10 days, but since this is international, they may give it more time.

Login to Me Too

feelurheart143
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks i will wait for them to respond. i have just one more question.

3 . If the refund is processed, how many days does it take to receive a refund to my paypal account or bank account?

Login to Me Too

nhu1992
New Community Member

Hi. my name is nhu, i bought one item from china, and the item was lost. then i told reshipping anoter address. but they didn't reshipping. so i want to refund my money, thank yhou,

Login to Me Too

Kckasu
New Community Member

This is confusing.  If the seller provided a tracking number  as you said  your first step is to contact the shipping company and track the item.  It is their responsibility to deliver the item  and most companies charge extra to provide tracking.

If he provided the number then the item was shipped and scanned. 

It would be quicker to find out where it was last scanned in route. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.