Net Amount v. Gross Amount on Account

wolff
New Community Member

I'm a consignment seller on Ebay so I need to do regular reconciliations with my item owners. I just noticed that the running tally of my balance and activity on the "view all transactions" screen is based on the NET amount, not the GROSS. 

If my current balance is based on the NETS, ie with the Ebay and Paypal fees already tallied. 

For example, I just sold and item for $7,707, which shows up on the main screen, but when I delve into that second screen called "view all transactions" it shows up as $7,406. I know the $301 variance represents the final value and shipping fees on the item, but which of those figures drives my current account balance?

Obviously, this is important because of the size of this sale, and because I also benefited from the April promotion on Ebay that capped the final value on this item at $250.

By my calculations, I'm out of balance by about $400 at the moment, but I cant be sure because I don't know how they calculated the balance. I've had a lot of activity on the account in the last month, so have haven't done a complete balancing.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.