Trying to change my name for months - am I doing something wrong?

glitterninja
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all. My last name changed due to marriage, and I've gone through the name change process on all bank accounts and my driver's license, except on Paypal. I faxed in documentation months ago (marriage certificate and driver's license) and called a few weeks later, only to be told they never got it. I uploaded documentation and waited a few more weeks, then sent them an email asking if they received it, but they never responded. I uploaded documentation yet again and still no response.

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing? I'm concerned because ALL of my accounts and cards have my updated name, and I'm afraid Paypal will eventually realize my name on their account doesn't match what's on my bank account, and problems will ensue.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

glitterninja
Contributor
Contributor

I hope it's okay to "bump" this. Does anyone know if there's anything else I should be doing other than faxing in and uploading the documents requested?

Is there someone else I can contact about this besides the default 800 number? They were unhelpful when I called.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on Help and Contact at the bottom of the page and then follow to your selected contact method.

Login to Me Too

glitterninja
Contributor
Contributor

I did. Twice. I called and they couldn't help me, and when I emailed they didn't reply.

Login to Me Too

Mags4456
New Community Member
I’ve been dealing with the same thing for months and so far it thankfully hasn’t been an issue that my maiden name isn’t on my banking info. It is super frustrating that this is the only thing left to switch and they just won’t.. I’ve emailed, called and sent in the required info. multiple times. I’m contemplating just creating a new account or getting rid of my paypal altogether.. I mean it’s 2018.. how can they not have customer service recognizing this is clearly an issue?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.