Pending withdrawal

Walter123
Contributor
Contributor
So i recently sold and hoodie and withdrawed the money i got (yesterday) to my bank account but it says that it is "pending" can someone tell me what does this mean and why?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal reviews and monitors all bank transfers before processing them so there may be some occasional delay in completing. If there are any issues, PayPal will notify you. Pending is the first status a bank transfer gets.  After PayPal has completed their end of the transaction (reviewing and processing your transfer request), they will mark the transfer as Complete.  Then you have to wait anywhere from 1 to 5 days for the bank to make funds available in your account.  PayPal is not notified by your bank when the funds are available in your bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal reviews and monitors all bank transfers before processing them so there may be some occasional delay in completing. If there are any issues, PayPal will notify you. Pending is the first status a bank transfer gets.  After PayPal has completed their end of the transaction (reviewing and processing your transfer request), they will mark the transfer as Complete.  Then you have to wait anywhere from 1 to 5 days for the bank to make funds available in your account.  PayPal is not notified by your bank when the funds are available in your bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ANTIC25
New Community Member
How long with the delay be because it said it should take upto 2 hours but it's already 5 hours for me and it still says pending? Thanks
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It will take several hours or so for  PayPal to complete the initiation process and then it will take up to 5 days for the funds to complete the transfer into the bank account.  So give it a calendar week.

Login to Me Too

andre23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, how are you?

It was solved, how many days did it take?

Thanks

Andre

Login to Me Too

Walter123
Contributor
Contributor
12 days
Login to Me Too

andre23
Contributor
Contributor
Did not they give you an explanation? This is very wrong!
Login to Me Too

Walter123
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it is indeed and i didnt get any explanation
Login to Me Too

Sdolci123

I have the same problem.. and I tried to cancel pending withdrawal and hour after I did it and was told it was too late.. In speaking to their horrible customer service, I saw they hold them!  how can it not take the same amount of time to verify the account as opposed to sending withdrawal, there is none!  They have made my life more difficult in last 2 days and as soon as it finally finds my bank, I'm done with Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Janiegirl
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing is happening to me. I was told i had to wait 72 hours . i just got an email saying 3 to five days after the 72 hour wait!! Are you kidding me? This is not right!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.