PayPal Issue cant Add funds through card

JayIs120
Contributor
Contributor

Ive been trying to add funds to my account but no matter what i do it comes up with We're sorry, you don't have permission to complete this action. For more information, contact the person who controls your account permissions. ive sent multiple messages to paypal but no awnser

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JayIs120

You can't add funds to your paypal account via a card in the US. Only via a linked bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JayIs120
Contributor
Contributor

Ive added funds before though and this problem never came up. also my card is linked to my bank so...

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In the U. S. you add funds from a bank account not from a credit card.

Since your credit card is linked to you bank acocunt, just transfer funds from your card and then to your bank.  It's then simple to move to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

JayIs120
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not in the US

Login to Me Too

JayIs120
Contributor
Contributor

also while trying to get this sorted out it was working fine before this month

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It wold help if you wuld provide details about your lcoation when you post to the U. S. community forum.

Login to Me Too

JayIs120
Contributor
Contributor

sorry I was in a rush i live in uk i didnt mean to post on US fourms. still do you know why this is happening

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JayIs120 wrote:

Ive been trying to add funds to my account but no matter what i do it comes up with We're sorry, you don't have permission to complete this action. For more information, contact the person who controls your account permissions. ive sent multiple messages to paypal but no awnser

Woah, seems like your account is an employee acct linked to a business account.  You may not have permission to add funds to your account by the main account.  You will need to speak to the owner of the business account to allow you the ability to add funds or double check the settings.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JayIs120
Contributor
Contributor

i looked into this and i found a article saying that all i have to do is re add my card but paypal isnt letting me so...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.