Pay Me Email Address - PLEASE HELP!

Levia1
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE HELP! The pay me address I was given does not seem to work. I've been trying to get it for weeks now and cannot be paid from an on-line job without it! I think I just need the suffix - is it paypal.com? So it would be, Paypal.me/first initial last name  paypal.com?  It is not permitted to type one's whole address so I've explained what I used as best as I could. I know it's worked with other companies and I feel so stupid for forgetting. I called Pay Pal and the rep did not seem to know the answer. If anyone knows the correct number to call to find out, please let me know. PLEASE HELP! I am losing money and the job from such a simple thing that no one has answered. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Levia1,

I'm sorry that there is any confusion about the ways to receive payments to a paypal.me link and/or an email address connected to your account. I'm happy to clear that up for you.

If you have set up a PayPal.me link at http://www.paypal.me, then the link will be whatever you selected to be your unique link when you set that up. The beginning of the link will be http://paypal.me/ and the part that follows that will be the unique identifier that you chose. You will not add paypal.com to the address at all.

If you're looking for the email address that people can enter to send payments to you without visiting a separate link, it is the email address that you use to sign in to your PayPal account. PayPal does not issue a separate email address at the paypal.com domain. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Levia1,

Thank you for your feedback about both the difficulty you had finding the information about your PayPal.me link, and the difficulty you're having making a post. I will pass on the information you've provided about both experiences to the appropriate people.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Levia1,

I'm sorry that there is any confusion about the ways to receive payments to a paypal.me link and/or an email address connected to your account. I'm happy to clear that up for you.

If you have set up a PayPal.me link at http://www.paypal.me, then the link will be whatever you selected to be your unique link when you set that up. The beginning of the link will be http://paypal.me/ and the part that follows that will be the unique identifier that you chose. You will not add paypal.com to the address at all.

If you're looking for the email address that people can enter to send payments to you without visiting a separate link, it is the email address that you use to sign in to your PayPal account. PayPal does not issue a separate email address at the paypal.com domain. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Levia1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much, Olivia. This should really be clarified when we receive that link and also made easy to find in 'Help' or 'Community', as I tried many times, using a variety of search words. Also, customers reps on the phone should know this - the one I originally spoke with did not seem to understand my question and gave me the inaccurate advice I mentioned. Earlier today I called PP again and asked to speak to a technician, who cleared it up for me. It should not have been this much trouble and for me to make a fool of myself in my header and I might have lost an on-line job for seeming so incompetent, when it is simply a matter of knowing this or not. These are  some suggestions for you to present, since you work for PayPal.

But I appreciate you responding so much - you and the phone tech saved the day for me, hopefully! (And love your name!)

On no, more confusion - I'm getting notified to correct highlighted errors, which I don't see. Maybe they mean your email info, which I will now delete and - that did not work so I will delete your message here (more lack of clarity that perhaps you could also bring to their attention).  I will try to submit one more time - please let me know if you received this.

All the Best,
Levia

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Levia1,

Thank you for your feedback about both the difficulty you had finding the information about your PayPal.me link, and the difficulty you're having making a post. I will pass on the information you've provided about both experiences to the appropriate people.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.