I want to use a nickname or Pseudo name?

PaigeTurner
Contributor
Contributor

I'm selling nude photos of myself and would like to be able to use my modleing name and not the name my mother gave me. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaigeTurner

Would you open a bank account or a credit card with a pretend name??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaigeTurner
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not saying PayPal can't know my real name, I don't want other people who are viewing my modeling knowing my real name, stage names are made to protect and brand the models. It kind of kills it when they know your real name. 

Plus, I don't even want to have to open a bank account or credit card, so if PayPal can't help me find a way around these issues then I wont be using them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaigeTurner

so if PayPal can't help me find a way around these issues then I wont be using them.

Sounds a good idea.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WickedOne40
New Community Member

I need the same thing. I don't want my real name out there for certain reasons. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Pay Pal needs security protocols to protect everyone by verifying and disclosing real identity.

Login to Me Too

MissElle

It's not about PayPal not knowing your real name, it's about being able to use a screen name. In the same way I'm called MissElle to you lot now but that obviously isn't my real life name. PayPal still know MissElle is me so it shouldn't make any difference whether that name is used in their forum or as my viewed name to all and sundry. Although I'd be happy for it to be Elle, which incidentally isn't my real first name either just a shortened version that everyone knows me as, but at least the correlation is there.

My cousin has this issue, she uses PayPal and has been forced to put her "legal" name which causes her no end of problems due to her being Marjorie Elizabeth Smith* legally but to literally every person she is Liz i.e Elizabeth. People she has known for years don't know her proper first name. Her bank accepts cheques for Elizabeth and Liz, as they can see the correlation and clearly have more sense than PayPal where she is forever expaining to people that Marjorie Smith* is in fact Liz.

Stupid rule.

As wiht the user above, this also affects stage names or people going under a certain identity for other safety reasons.

*changed for privacy reasons as I don't want to bandy about my cousins name

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

where will you be selling your nude photos?

Paypal needs your real name and SS number,and address,but your buyer does not have to know,if you print shipping label on PAYPAL,you cangive a model name and then address,you can rent a box instead of giving your real address.

Same with Ebay if you sell on Ebay,you go by your Ebay id,and your shipping label will have your Ebay ID and a mail box.

The problem is if they want to pull contact information,Ebay will give your name and phone number.

You must give Ebay a valid phone number,so if you dont want your buyer to trace you,then get an answering service.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can search this site and read about others who do not use their real name with Paypal,Paypal needs your SS number,would you want a different name than the name your SS is tied to.

If you sell 200 transactions and 20,000 a year,PAYPAl is required to send out 1099,one to you and one to IRS,do you want IRS has your screen /model name?

If your acccount is ever restricted,Paypal wants to see some ID,like driver license,bank statement,passport,utility bill,what is the name on these statements?

if your account stay restricted for 180 days,you cannot  refund and you cannot accept payment,you would not be able to sell on Ebay  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also,

ifyou are ever audited by IRS,it wil ask for your Paypal account activities for the year you are being audited plus the prior year,your bank statements of those years,cc statements,vendor invoices,back up documents of your deductions,like medical bills,hospital stay,gas,loding travelling.

what name is on these documents?

if you have used Paypal balances to pay for some of these expenses,the name on your PAYPAL documents better match the invoices.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.