Can I get unbanned?

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

I was removing funds from my PayPal account as I received them. I didn't know this was a bannable offense. i tried to call the customer support but no one would even talk to me about it. They just kept saying it was a business decision and if I wanted to even attempt to fight the ban I would need to get legal help. This is all a bit ridiculous considering all I did was withdrawal money as I received it. I understand now that I should leave the money in my PayPal account for awhile before withdrawing it but permanently banning me for that seems a little harsh. Is there anything I can besides getting legal help (because I'm not going to pay to get my account unbanned) or am I just stuck looking for another service? 

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Just some thoughts:

Is there more to this story - many people withdraw funds to their bank accounts right after they receive their funds.   I've done the same in the past, never had an issue.  If your account is not verified or you have a history of disputes, claims or refunds - that too can set off alerts.  How and you are receivng funds can also set off alerts - for example, if you're receiving funds sent as "friends and family" with an increased frequency, the system security checks kick in as it may appear you're selling items and bypassing the transaction processing fees.

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

No there isn't anything more going on. I've been doing the same thing for years and never had a problem. Then out of no where got banned without any reason. I was just assuming it was because I've been withdrawing funds as soon as I get them. The stupid thing is no one from PayPal will actually inform me of what happened. They all just say it was a business decision. I've never had 1 dispute, complaint or anything. The 2 people I talked to on the phone were rude and just reading off a piece of paper and not actually listening to anything I was saying. I wrote an email asking why I was banned and the reply I got was how I couldn't close my account when I didn't ask anything about closing an account. I'd like to keep my account as I've been using it for years. But the more I read about it, looks like I'm just **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is much more to this than disclosed.

What parties send the money?

What did you routinely sell?

Where did the sending parties obtain the funds?

What happened to the funds after withdrawal?

How much fees did you pay for each transaction to receive funds?

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

2 websites who deal with PayPal everyday are the parties that sent me money. 

I didn't sell items. I provided services for these 2 websites and they would pay me via PayPal.

How am I supposed to know how people obtain money to send? I don't go around asking people how they get money, it's not my business. But I can say both these websites still have access to their PayPal so I'm guessing that's not the issue here. 

The funds went directly to my bank from paypal. I have my bank connected with PayPal as well as my social security number so it's not like I'm up to trouble with my PayPal. 

I pay fees on every transaction. The exact amount of fees is different each time based on the amount I was sent. 

The email I received from PayPal said "We recently noticed a pattern of account activity that, in our experience,
is usually high risk. For more information, see Restricted Activities
identified in our User Agreement.". 

That was all that I was told. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you pay a fee for the funds recevied for services?

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, every single time. That's why I'm so confused. PayPal won't even tell me what happened. They basically told me tough luck. I've always read of the nightmare stories of PayPal, but never thought I'd actually have to live it. Worse part though, like I said, they won't even talk to me about it. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So you received payments as goods/services but did not ship and goods.  Since there was no tracking numbers for shipping it might have appeared to be higher risk, especially of there were large payments.   Without a tracking number, there is high risk of a dispute for non-receipt.  Quick transfer of funds after receipt could give the appearance of trying to prevent a refund.  Rapid transfers could appear suspicious.

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

That's why I said I understand now that I should just leave the money in my PayPal account for awhile. I get how it would look suspicious but to permanently ban me doesn't seem right. Especially when I've never once had a dispute since having an account. I could see if I had disputes and problems left and right. I had a perfect standing with PayPal until this. Which I still haven't even done anything bannable. I've been dealing with these websites that pay me for awhile now with no issues. I would like to be able to use PayPal again but I don't plan on paying for legal help just to get them to look at my account. I'll probably try calling again in 6 months hoping they can help but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

Login to Me Too

dadams6357
New Community Member

I had the same problem i purchsed tickets for a concert and they banned me?  I called and ask them why I was banned and all they said was you will never

get on paypal again....they would not give me an answer??? just kept saying banned for life:  what the **bleep** the folks that is was doing business with had no

problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.