Can I get unbanned?

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

I was removing funds from my PayPal account as I received them. I didn't know this was a bannable offense. i tried to call the customer support but no one would even talk to me about it. They just kept saying it was a business decision and if I wanted to even attempt to fight the ban I would need to get legal help. This is all a bit ridiculous considering all I did was withdrawal money as I received it. I understand now that I should leave the money in my PayPal account for awhile before withdrawing it but permanently banning me for that seems a little harsh. Is there anything I can besides getting legal help (because I'm not going to pay to get my account unbanned) or am I just stuck looking for another service? 

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

It’s been 6 months now for me and they still won’t tell me what happened. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the 2 websites which sent you money on a regular basis,what do they do>

and what do you do for them?

Also do you ever have an account which owes Paypal money or associated with any account which was banned by Paypal?

from paypal email,it sounds like the source of your payments could be the problem.

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

The websites are kind of like an eBay of the video game world. Where people can buy things in game for their characters. Now I know virtual items aren't covered in the sellers protection, this is why I would go through these websites. Because I would be covered under them, and they would pay me for providing them with a service. I have 0 disputes with them so that shouldn't be the problem. No I have no other account that owes PayPal and I've never been banned before. This is the first problem I've ever encountered with them and by the looks of it, it will be my last. if the source of my payments were the problem why would I get banned and not them? They can all still use their accounts. It's so frustrating to be left in limbo and have no idea why. Not very customer service at all. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

are you saying you are selling digital products on that site ?

Did they accept payment and then pass on to you?

are these payments made by customers using Paypal?

do these sites take a cut for their efforts?

so you get your money,you dont worry about dispute as these websites sent you the money,but these sites are exposed to disputes from your customers,they could be eating disputes and Paypal does not like it.

so you are banned due to association with these websites.

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

The websites accept payment from customers then pay me. 

The websites accept multiple forms of payment, PayPal is one of them. 

The website do take a cut before paying me. 

The website doesn't pay me unless the buyer confirms the delivery. Even after buyers confirm delivery I have to wait 3 days before the website releases payment to my PayPal. If the customer would dispute down the road it wouldn't be related to my account at all. My account has 0 disputes because I deal with the same people that I've been dealing with for years. if I was banned for association with these websites, why do their accounts still work and mine doesn't. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you received funds as goods/services or family/friends? 

Did you pay PayPal a fee for the received funds?

This is critical information.

Login to Me Too

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

Received money as goods and services. And I paid PayPal a fee on every transaction from these websites. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since you received money as goods services, PayPal expected tracking numbers to show delivery.  It could be that there was suspicion about claims of non-delivery or it could be that there was an alert raised that you never ship anything.  The transactions could be suspicious and then there is the link to the other account on a regular basis.   Something triggered an immediate closure.  Does the other party still have an active PayPal account?

Anyway, it's all just speculation but likely multiple factors would be my guess.

You are the only one who knows all the details about all of your PayPal activities and those of related parties.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

Since you received money as goods services, PayPal expected tracking numbers to show delivery.  It could be that there was suspicion about claims of non-delivery or it could be that there was an alert raised that you never ship anything.  The transactions could be suspicious and then there is the link to the other account on a regular basis.   Something triggered an immediate closure.  Does the other party still have an active PayPal account?

Anyway, it's all just speculation but likely multiple factors would be my guess.

You are the only one who knows all the details about all of your PayPal activities and those of related parties.

I think this could be the reason why his account is banned-keep accepting payments for goods and services from the same sites over and over again and nver upload shipping.

FBI recently tracked down a guy selling electronic goods on Ebay ,accepting payment via Paypal,it turns out the payment is coming from ISIS related parties overseas and he never ship any electronics good he was supposed to be selling !

Not that OP is doing anything wrong,but he never ship anything ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.