Bluebird Bank Account (American Express)

Staceylt40
New Community Member

I have spent hours looking through the Paypal website and forum looking for an answer as to why I am unable to link my bluebird account.  I want to be able to transfer from Paypal to my bluebird account.  I have added the card successfully, but it will not allow me to link the actual bank account to deposit to.  Every single post on the forum regarding this is UNANSWERED, therefore, I am not finding the answers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only response I get when I try to add the routing and account numbers is:

"Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later." 

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

IMBERLY
Contributor
Contributor
...that's common sense....
Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor
Finally got it. Just add money. Gotten $17 by direct deposit on bluebird, (working for uber delivery, option to direct deposit my earnings) I might have boughten 50 sim keys for .99 cents on ebay first (Don't ask) now I have 16.01. Then I linked the bluebird card to my paypal. And saw a check symbol which translates to card link-ed complete/confirm (Bluebird card is a prepaid "credit" card)
Login to Me Too

SteveHC1
Contributor
Contributor

ArielSass - But did you actually try to transfer funds FROM your PayPal account TO your Bluebird account/card?

And if so, what was the result? (THAT was the originally stated problem, not an inability to use Bluebird to fund PayPal.)

Login to Me Too

LittleStarzilla
Contributor
Contributor

I could not even add my card. I have money on my card too. Do I need to have a certain amount? It acts like I have my card linked to an account, but I do not.

Login to Me Too

IMBERLY
Contributor
Contributor
I know how ya feel. Thought it worked. That's a big fat, NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have just stopped using them. Waste of **bleep** money
Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor
Wait!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor

Can't copy and pasteCan't copy and pasteMy Bluebird with My PaypalMy Bluebird card

Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor

Again can't copy and pasteAgain can't copy and pasteLook what I found:

Login to Me Too

susiegrimes
Contributor
Contributor

So this is what I would like to be able to do.

Since PayPal has cancelled the use of My Cash, I ordered the AMEX Blue Bird.  I would like to add funds to Blue Bird and transfer funds to PayPal when needed.  I intend to keep funds on both cards to take advantage of BB's reward pts as well as PP's cash back.

Will this be possible?  Should I link the BB as a "credit card" instead of as a "bank account"?

Login to Me Too

mduff333
New Community Member

I have online subscriptions that accept paypal and I was able to link BlueBird card and they have worked fine for months. However, I can not get my funds in my PayPal account to transfer to Bluebird. Reading over this entire thread it appears this is because it is a virtual bank aka pre-paid card and simply isnt possible. Too bad they can take from BlueBird but not give back. Oh well, Christmas fund!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.