Bluebird Bank Account (American Express)

Staceylt40
New Community Member

I have spent hours looking through the Paypal website and forum looking for an answer as to why I am unable to link my bluebird account.  I want to be able to transfer from Paypal to my bluebird account.  I have added the card successfully, but it will not allow me to link the actual bank account to deposit to.  Every single post on the forum regarding this is UNANSWERED, therefore, I am not finding the answers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only response I get when I try to add the routing and account numbers is:

"Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later." 

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor

~Their making it hard for us to save money. If you are reading this, you want to save enough money as possible and I applaud you for that.

(You can add money to the BlueBird card in participating stores where prepaid cards are sold)

Tried some stores where "BlueBird is accepted", Walgreens only works. 

Out of (FamilyDollar, DollarTree, DuaneReade) they be like what is that!->(kept getting denied)

Need to try same stores, but different locations.

I KNOW!

Walmart and Walgreens works... because both market start with the letter "W"!

Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor

Just have money on the blue bird card before linking it to paypal so the blue bird card can be actived.

Suggest: 20$ or more filled up.

Login to Me Too

Wcreative3

I have Bluebird and Simple. Bluebird will not work but the Simple card does work. (It is also a free prepaid card)

Login to Me Too

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor

ArielSass
Contributor
Contributor
It says you POST this at 1:19 a.m.!!!?????!!!
Login to Me Too
Solved

WS18
The reason why you cannot link your Bluebird routing and account number is because you can only use it to put money in, not take money out. In otber words.. Its only for direct deposit. Bluebird will not allow you to use the account or the account number like a "traditional bank account" such as transferring funds, paying with checking account, etc. Your account and routing is only used strictly for direct deposit. I know this because I tried paying my electric bill with my bluebird account and routing number, like paying paying with a checking account, and my payment bounced a few days later. This happened to me 2 or 3 times before I learned why my payment kept getting denied. One of the many unfortunates of using bluebird, American Express, and prepaid cards.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.