update mobile phone number required to verify access from unknown device

Stuartw
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to logon to my account from an unfamiliar device and was requested to provide verification by security code sent through SMS.

Unfortunately the number attached to the account is no longer in service so how do I update my phone number without being to access the account to do so please?

Thanks,

Stuart

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could start by loggin into PayPal from you device which is already recognized by PayPal.  Once logged in, fix your phone numbers.

If that doesn't work, just phone PayPal and they will attempt to verify your identity.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page and use the one-time passcode option.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could start by loggin into PayPal from you device which is already recognized by PayPal.  Once logged in, fix your phone numbers.

If that doesn't work, just phone PayPal and they will attempt to verify your identity.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page and use the one-time passcode option.

Login to Me Too

Stuartw
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for your support, I've gone the Contact route as none of my current devices appear to be recognised. Best wishes, Stuart.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.