Changing primary fund source to credit card with authorisations still pending on bank account

tab101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

For some time I've wanted my primary fund source on Paypal to be my credit card (it was originally my bank account). Despite adding a primary credit card, Paypal continues to use my bank account as a primary payment source. I can't remove the bank account as a payment source, as there are constantly authorisations pending (sometimes up to several weeks old), and I use my Paypal account constantly.

I just spoke to Paypal, and they advised that they couldn't remove the bank account as a funding source until all authorisations process (by which time I will have used Paypal some more and incurred further pending authorisations). I asked them if they could simply keep my bank account there and switch to the credit card as the primary source of funds going forward, but they did not seem to understand or be able to do this for me.

This seems like a ridiculous catch 22 - how can it be that I can't switch my funding source until all authorisations process, but use my Paypal account in the meantime? Surely there's a way for Paypal to make your credit card the primary fund source while keeping the bank account there to allow the authorisations to go through?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lubbock
Contributor
Contributor

I am also wanting to change my default fund source to a credit card, and will be very interested in finding out how to do this.

Login to Me Too

bmangan1
Contributor
Contributor

This is very frustrating.  I have been trying for days to delete my bank account information from my account.  I keep getting the message this is not possible because there are pending charges to bank account,  There are not,  They cleared days ago.  I want to use my credit card as my primary payment source.  Therefore everytime I make a purchase, I have to manually change it to my credit card.  This is a real pain.  Short of closing my account with paypal I don't know how to stop paypay from having my bank account information as the primary payment source,  Once again.  There are NO Pending Charges going to my bank account.  Called Customer Service and they said they couldn't override this. Said to give it a few days to clear then I could do this from Wallet.  From what I've read here others have had this problem for weeks and still not been able to accomplish this.,

I will wait a few more days then I'm canceling my PayPal account that I've been using for years without this problem. It seems to me that once PayPal has your banking information they are like a pitbull and won't let go.  I'm very dissapointed with this entire situation and don't plan on going to Wallet 3-5 times a day to see if the non existant pending charges have cleared my checking account. 

Login to Me Too

Buckmaniam
New Community Member

I feel your pain, because I asked Pay Pal for help also tried to remove bank debit card and same circle, authorized payments pending. I want to get the mileage credit. Pay Pal has no soluition, so it seems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.