Customer getting "Message 3005" error when trying to pay an invoice

lphilps
Contributor
Contributor

I just signed up for a Paypal Business account and, after completing the bank verification, created and sent my first invoice.

My customer tried to pay it, by clicking the link in the invoice, but the payment failed with the following error:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

The customer tried several times and got the same error each time.  I'm in Canada (Canadian $ account) and the customer is in the US (US$ invoice). Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

jtdayusa
New Community Member

This error just means that the user's cookie directory has reached its limit (it's full).  You can safely clear out your browser history and, more importantly, the cookies directory by using the Tools>>Internet Options menu.  Cookies are automatically re-created whenever they are needed.

Login to Me Too

buck69j
New Community Member

clear browsing & empty cache worked for me

Login to Me Too

scottb99
New Community Member

First of all, 3005 is a generic error. With googling I've found several outbreaks of this error with the same code and different causes and fixes. Sub-optimal.

Whenever you disguise the actual error details for security, this should always be done with very detailed internal logging so that your developers are never scratching there head trying to figure out what happened.

You should have any problems fixed within minutes, long before they affect more than a handful of people.

I get the distinct impression that paypal is flying by the seat of their pants based on how you are reacting to this problem and the out break 15 months ago.

I feel like volunteering to help you guys out with this which is totally ridiculous given the scope of your company.

Why are you still using CGI? (This is why there is a consistant delay for EVERY web access.) Why don't you have logging and debugging built in to your system?

I am now forced to add support for Google Checkout to my app.

Login to Me Too

bruby
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem too.  I am met with only, "We are working on the problem" and "We don't know when it will be fixed." 

I feel there should be some kind of idea when this is going to be repaired and they should also let us know when it is fixed.  Then we can contact out customers who are trying to pay us.  

This way everyone wins.  PayPal gets their money and so do we.  And we both get to keep a paying customer.  So please Pay Pal let us know the solution to our problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.