Customer getting "Message 3005" error when trying to pay an invoice

lphilps
Contributor
Contributor

I just signed up for a Paypal Business account and, after completing the bank verification, created and sent my first invoice.

My customer tried to pay it, by clicking the link in the invoice, but the payment failed with the following error:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

The customer tried several times and got the same error each time.  I'm in Canada (Canadian $ account) and the customer is in the US (US$ invoice). Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

BDA
New Community Member

Bump! I'm in the exact same situation.  Anything on this?

Login to Me Too

betts
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happening to one of my customers

Login to Me Too

lphilps
Contributor
Contributor

BTW, my customer kept trying to pay the invoice from her office and it continually failed.  She eventually tried from home and the payment succeeded.   I have no idea why.

If this happens to me again I'll have to abandon Paypal as a payment processor and find a different solution.  I, and my customer, wasted way too much time on this!

Login to Me Too

Telexer23
Contributor
Contributor
I'm getting the same problem. Customer trying to pay me with a Paypal Buy Now button. Getting error Message 3005
Login to Me Too

Telexer23
Contributor
Contributor

FYI. My customer cleared browser cache and cookies, then the BuyNow button worked. No more Error 3005. Go figure.

BTW, I saw this reported in several forum on the Web.

"The 3005 error message you are receiving is almost always intermittent although it can last for extended periods of time as you have experienced. As there are many different reasons it can happen my best suggestion is to try again after 24 hours."

Login to Me Too

regtom
New Community Member

I just had 2 potential customers report the same error to me.  This is very bad as I have no idea how many are experiencing this issue and where in the world they are located.  And even if telling them to clear cache works there is no way to practically do this.  Hoping for a resolution here very soon!

And I was told by one who emailed me it has been like this for a week!

Login to Me Too

DubJax

Any progress with this issue?  I too am having an issue with "Error message 3005" and in my scenario the error only occurs when a customer is using Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9.  My shopping cart tests well with the most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox, but sales are still being lost daily due to this issue.

Login to Me Too

daveha
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem too - anyone know a fix

Login to Me Too

daveha
Contributor
Contributor

Some of my customers are having problems buying my service with the error below - 

------

Error Detected

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

-------

Anyone know a solution?

daveha

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.