should $119.00 rollerskates last more than three months?

dadofchevy
Contributor
Contributor

I bought my granddaughter rollerskates for Christmas. I paid $119.00 and they looked nice. The heels have broken away from the boots rendering them useless in less than three months. She doesn't weigh 100 lbs.. Do I have any recourse with Paypal?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have up to 180 days to file Item not as described with Paypal,you have 30 days to file same with Ebay .

30 days have past so you have to file with Paypal.

But if y ou win,you pay return shipping,dont tell me you bought from a Chinese seller,if so,good luck paying for return shipping with tracking.   

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
If those have warranty provided by the seller, that's nice but if not, you basically have 180 days of "warranty" or "loan" provided by PayPal, so file claim about item not as described and you may be able to force refund. Of course you will then need to ship them back.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your recourse should first be with the merchant.  A phone call to the merchant is a good place to start.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have up to 180 days to file Item not as described with Paypal,you have 30 days to file same with Ebay .

30 days have past so you have to file with Paypal.

But if y ou win,you pay return shipping,dont tell me you bought from a Chinese seller,if so,good luck paying for return shipping with tracking.   

Login to Me Too

dadofchevy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
Solved

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
If those have warranty provided by the seller, that's nice but if not, you basically have 180 days of "warranty" or "loan" provided by PayPal, so file claim about item not as described and you may be able to force refund. Of course you will then need to ship them back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.