What about accepting CC for Craigslist sales?

MrsHappyJW
Contributor
Contributor

I'm selling a ring on CL, & I got a bunch of people interested. One person insists they want it right now for their daughter in Ohio. He wants to pay me via PayPal & asked for my PayPal email address & name. I did not respond & asked a friend, a long time user of PayPal AND Craigslist. She said it sounds like a scam & even sent me a link to a PayPal article that describes the same exact scenerio happening which is a common scam on CL & PayPal. 

I know you can't tell online if the person is sincere or not, scam or not, real or not, but if they ARE real & sincere, is there a safe way of doing this that guarantees i'd be protected? 

I was wondeing, I have PayPal Here, I accept CC's for art sales that I have sporadically through the year. What if I contacted the man who wants this ring, & not tell him my PayPal info, but ask for his first. THEN send him an invoice via PayPal & ask them to pay it with a CC. If the buyer is for real, & uses the invoice & pays with a CC, is it legit? Is it then safe? Do I have the money in my PayPal account & can send the ring to his daughter in Ohio like he wants? 

IF the guy is not for real, it's a scam, can he actually pay the invoice with a CC & then go back & stop payment or claim it wasn't shipped or something. ANYTHING? 

Any advice would be very appreciated! I want this to be real! =]

Leslie

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.