Unauthorized transaction using my Paypal account

dianaveloso
New Community Member

I am asking for help in getting a refund for an unauthorized transaction made on my Paypal account this past September 27, 2017. Someone logged into my account and made a payment to fiverr.com in the amount of $378 (transaction ID 85G322831C398613F). Whoever it was took advantage of the fact that I had not been able to log back into my Paypal account for 2 weeks, and thus didn't know I had received payment for a service. The perpetrator was sly enough to delete the phone numbers linked to my Paypal account, so I wouldn't be contacted for verification. 

I initiated a dispute with Paypal. I also contacted fiverr.com (using the email address in the unauthorized payment made at my expense) to alert them. Fiverr.com has been giving me the runaround, saying Paypal should reach out to them first. I'm actually very suspicious and I wonder if the perpetrator of the unauthorized transaction acted in cahoots with Fiverr.com. I do NOT even have an account with their company, so it would be strange for someone to make a payment with my account if there wasn't even an account with the said company in my name.

I need the refund ASAP. I am sick, with kidney problems, and I really need the money.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a user forum and we have no idea about your account or the specific transaction.  You need to contact PayPal support directly for account issues.

How do you think someone gained access to your PayPal account?  Who else has phyiscal access to your computer?  What devices do you use to access your PayPal account.  You need to do some research and investigation to figure out what really happened.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.