Sending to different country than the address provided by paypal, am i protected

willdean
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys

I sell high value sneakers and I have a bit of a problem that I've run into with one of my customers. He has contacted me and asked me to send the package to Spain, even though his paypal address is USA. He says that because his paypal is USA he can't make the actual address on his paypal his Spanish address where he is studying. 

so I just want to make sure that I'm protected with this before agreeing to ship to the spanish address he gives.

Thanks for any help at all!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The proper way t o do this is to ask him to open a Paypal account in Spain since he is in Spain now,link a local bank as well as a US bank to his account.

He would have to remove the credit card from his US paypal account first before he add it to his SpANIsh Paypal account as the credit card can only be added to one account.

Then he can pay you from his Spanish Paypal account with Spanish shipping address ,so you can get selle protection.

but how are you shipping your sneakers,USPS may not give any tracking,check it out.

he has to open a Paypal account in Spain irregardless of this transaction if he wants to continue using Paypal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

As per the User Agreement:   You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. 

Login to Me Too

willdean
Contributor
Contributor

@Quandary wrote:

As per the User Agreement:   You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. 

Does that mean that if I helped him  out and shipped to the spanish address he could just chargeback?

Sorry he is offering a really good price so i want to help him! I appreciate the help

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

dispute is with Paypal or Ebay,chargeback iswith credit card issuer,if you lose a chargeback,you pay fee of $20.

plus losing your shoes and payment.

if yo ship to spain now,he could file item not received,and Paypal robot will take your tracking number to Spain and troop up to USPS website and would not find a match,as the Paypal address he has with paypal is domestic.

your tracking should show you have delivered to a domestic address zipcode xxxxx,usa,

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The proper way t o do this is to ask him to open a Paypal account in Spain since he is in Spain now,link a local bank as well as a US bank to his account.

He would have to remove the credit card from his US paypal account first before he add it to his SpANIsh Paypal account as the credit card can only be added to one account.

Then he can pay you from his Spanish Paypal account with Spanish shipping address ,so you can get selle protection.

but how are you shipping your sneakers,USPS may not give any tracking,check it out.

he has to open a Paypal account in Spain irregardless of this transaction if he wants to continue using Paypal.

Login to Me Too

willdean
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

Thanks so much this makes it very clear. I will try to work with him to do that! 

Login to Me Too

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like a scammer, stay away! Prevention is better than a cure!!

Good Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.