Scammed From China Buyer ? Help

kilokhan

Dear Paypal Community. Im a Paypal Member For around 10years. This is the first time I got in to these trouble.

1) China Guy Msg Me Says WIlling To Buy My Electronic Stuff For.. Lets Say 850 USD

2) Packed And Tested Properly With Picture And Video And Send It Over To Buyer In China. He Comfirmed The Device is working properly too.

3) Buyer Received The Item, After 4 Days. Says The Device is Broken without sending me any proff.

4) File Dispute In Paypal ! Now i owe Paypal -800USD ! WTF.

5) i suspect its a scam or instalation problem from seller. Or maybe change the internal board with a broken one.

Should I request for a refund ?, What if the buyer refund me a broken Device ? Told paypal i got all the proff, but paypal sided with buyer without proff.

Please Help....

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Item not as described,Paypal usually ask the buyer to return the item with tracking,when trcking shows it has been returned ,you will refund,if he sent you a box of rocks,you can tell Paypal but Paypal has no way to tell who is telling the truth.

so it will be a black mark for him in the future,but not much it can do for you.

but do ask him to return the item,it would cost him money to return with shipping 

Login to Me Too

kilokhan

Thanks for the Fast Reply. If He send Me a Rock Or Other Stuff Not Related, I Still need to REFUND Money to paypal ? what sorcery is this ?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is the case still open?

if so,has Paypal asked the uyer t o return the item?

understand how dispute works would help you in the future,Paypal withhold your money,once case is closed,it would be released ,if buyer return item,it would go back to the buyer,if buyer does nothing,it will be back to you.

pay attention to deadline,when you should respond and when he should return the item

Login to Me Too

kilokhan

Yes The The Case Still Open. Paypal Requested The Buyer To send Back The Item To me. I gave the address and such via paypal.

Today is the Last day for buyer to sendback the item. I saw tracking number but still cant be traced/ item not found.

The things is i withdraw the money from paypal. The balance inside is -800 now....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.