Report (serious) violations of the Paypal Acceptable Use Policy

tmarino
Contributor
Contributor

How do I report violations of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy?  On their policy page, where they encourage reporting violations, there is a link that doesn't work, it only links to the basic help page. I emailed the address listed, no response.

Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy

We encourage you to report  <<<< (invalid html) violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can email PayPal's AUP Compliance Department at: "aupviolations at paypal dot com".

I emailed the address Paypal posted, no response.  I called Customer Service today and was on hold for more than 30 minutes. I was given an email address that doesn't work.  HInt: don't email "service at paypal dot com"

Why is it so difficult to get assistance from PayPal?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal will not discuss actions on acceptable use polcies.  You eamail to the prescribed address; that's it.  PayPal is not going to give you results of any investigation or action.

If you have a question about your own activities then use a different email.  Click on Contact and Help at the bottom of the page and then select options on the next page.

Login to Me Too

tmarino
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not expecting a response regarding the specific violation, just a response to the question regarding the faulty link. Thanks, though.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just use the regulare email contact form.  Click on Help and Contact at the bottom of the page and navigate to the email contact form.   You will get an automated response.  Then reply to that with a well-written description of the broken link, including how to get to it.  It may take several days for a response.

Login to Me Too

DH4F
New Community Member
A professional mediation Esq that I paid via PayPal specifically insisted I make sure to use Friends and Family vs Goods and Services in his email to me for the payment for his services. I did so. But now I feel guilty.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.