Fake Account opened with Green Dot Bank by <removed>

sparkygs
New Community Member

This person (unknown if real name) hacked (by trick) my Paypal account and deposited $1600 in October (Green Dot Bank - some sort of online institution) un-known to me, then attempted to withdraw that $1600 (approx.) plus an additional $1600 from my account).   Some of the Paypal reps are smart enough to see  what has been going on, that there was no actual legitimate Paypal transaction and have put a stop to this crook.  Problem is that this fake transaction WILL NOT stay off my account, and the less-experienced paypal  reps can't understand the scam. I got yet another email TONIGHT that Paypal is returning the funds (aka MY $1600) to this crook.  I have also had a fake IRS 1040 form filed in my name for a multi-$1000's refund, probably by the same person. Luckily IRS sent me a request for more information and we figured out the scam - and have filed internet fraud criminal complaints online that are Supposed to be forwarded to financial institutions - including Paypal.  I can't talk to a real Paypal rep tonight (too late) but just want to get this published and to warn other customers.  If an amount shows up in your account with no associated transaction, get on it Quick.  PS, I got another email a week ago thanking me for signing up with Paypal one-touch easy pay or similar language. I signed up for No Such Thing, and figured out it was another Phishing attempt, so did not click on the links. Warning to other customers

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.