Refund

haima

I purchasde 'coaching' services. It is a signed contract. I don't think the seller is meeting the agreement. But, defining coaching is kind of ambiguous, and they will say they are meeting the agreement. It would be hard to prove either way. Does paypal tend to lean towards the seller in  these gray areas. I'm wondering the likelihood of a refund in this instance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello @haima! The first thing you will need to do is contact the merchant or the website operator, such as eBay, Amazon, Bonanza, etc., for a refund mostly because PayPal's Purchase Protection only covers physical products nor does it cover buyer's remorse. Meaning, it only covers items that are significantly different than how it was described, including receiving an empty box when the box should have had an item in it, receiving a completely different item (example, receiving a DVD when you bought a jump rope), the item has missing parts that were not disclosed in the description, receiving the wrong amount of items (example, you received 2 jump ropes when you bought 3), receiving a counterfeit, receiving an item that was damaged during transit, etc. PayPal's Purchase Protection only covers physical products, except for currencies, and purchases sent as goods and services. Meaning, that non-physical products, currencies, and purchases sent as "Send to friends and family," "Make a mass payment," and through PayPal.me are not covered by PayPal's Purchase Protection. Although PayPal does also cover unauthorized transactions under a different program but through the same resolution process.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.