Received wrong size of shoes that I ordered, Seller is denying it, I want a return

oxygen__
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

About a week ago I ordered a pair of shoes from a sneaker site, and the shoes I paid for were meantto be US10, or EU 44, which was stated inthe title of the product.

Yesterday I opened the box and the box says US 8.5, as do the tags on the shoes. Obviously  I went to the seller but he is denying all of it, and says he never had that size on hand. Of course I disputed, when paypal asked for evidence I took photos of the box and of the shoes with the tags on showing that the size was infact 8.5 and not size 10.

Currently it says paypal is reviewing, I will get to return right???

It would be ridiculous if I couldnt, I paid 275 euros for a pair of shoes, I received the wrong size, so I just want to return and get the right **bleep** size!

Will I get the return????

Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PayPal will side with buyers most of the time, but even then you are required to ship the shoes back and pay for shipping which has tracking number. Make sure that whatever shipping service you use that it has tracking on destination country as well, not just in your home country.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal will review your information and also information submitted by the seller. As soon as you submitted all of your evidence and you have that option, escalate to a claim.   At that point PayPal attempt to resolve and determine which party is telling the truth.  IF you win, you will be required to return the merchandise with tracking and at your expense to the seller.  When the seller receives the items, your money would be refnded.  The seller would still have an opportunity to appeal.

There are risks to internet purchases and it is critical to use good judgement in selecting sellers.

Login to Me Too

oxygen__
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal responded today saying that the seller described the item sufficiently, and I would not be able to return the shoes... He said the wrong size so that makes no sense to me. What can I do???
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

IF you need to return, you might be eligible for reimbursed return shipping: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.