Problem with ebay gift card refund Help????!!!???

paintdan85
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if anyone else has ran into this problem or not if so please list how you resolved!!! Ok so I bought a camera on 3/10/2016 for $1899.00, with (2) $500 eBay gift cards and the other $899 out of my bank account. The seller refunded my money the same night because he wanted to deal outside of eBay!

So as of today 3/19/2016 the $899.00 out of my bank account was refunded into my PayPal account great! But the two gift cards were supposed to be refunded back to the gift cards supposedly on 3-11-2016, as of today checking though eBay both cards have a $0 balance, same with calling in also, so as of right now i am missing $1000.00!!!!

In the last few days I’ve spent over 10 hours talking to PayPal and eBay getting transferred back and forth back and forth, multiple supervisors and they keep putting the blame on the other company. No one knows where my $1000 is!!!

I’m feeling that I may have to get a lawyer involved to get my money back! Has anyone else have this same issue???

Please help!

Dan

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@paintdan85 wrote:

Hello @LitDra

Well as of now, I still don't have my $1000.00 back, the one supervisor that has been great to work with was suppose to call me back Tuesday 3-29-2016 and never got the call, I waited till 2 days ago and filed a complaint with the better business borough, I had a missed call last night from this supervisor that I have been talking to and she said that she wanted to set an expectation on when I should get my money back by and said that she would call me back today when she gets back into the office.

I will update here after I talk to her again, I'm on the verge of pursuing legal action.

Dan

You said Ebay seller refunded you because he does not want to sell on Ebay ?

Ebay seller would not say that,this is Ebay fee violation .

Did the two of you conspire to avoid fee by arranging to do it outside Ebay? 

Login to Me Too

RandomGuy123

I have the same problem, I used a Ebay gift card and got refunded but I did not got the money back. It shows in Paypal that I received the money but then subtracted saying "Ebay gift card services". I called them but they said to keep waiting for the refund and even after 40 hours of refund i still have not gotten them. When using a Ebay gift card, make sure you know you dont ever want to refund again or else the money will get lost. (Lost $60)

Login to Me Too

Alexistorres919
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this same problem right now, I asked for a refund for a game that didn't work on ebay, I paid with ebay gift card, so the guy gave me the refund but when I check the activity status on paypal, it says "ebay gift card services" and e"bay inc" it subtracted ALL my refund, now I dint know what to do!
Login to Me Too

wtb5220
New Community Member

Similar issue.

Used eBay gift cards and when the seller refunded, my PayPal showed it as a +return, but then eBay took it back and says eBay gift card services.

I called and they gave me a case number, and said I will have a result within 14 days. I should have a reponse by February 7, 2017 and will let you all know the outcome.

Login to Me Too

convinceme
New Community Member

What happened? Did you get your money back? If so, how? They are floating $500 of my money to.

Login to Me Too

thamster

"Try this... after logging in to your PayPal account, go here...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-pie-available"

This only worked until April before they changed to posting to a 16 digit 'voucher code' refund.

Login to Me Too

Mercedes_Bunz

Hi, I am currently experiencing the exact same problem. Bought something with 4 cards, got a refund, but only 2. The other 2 still haven't showed up. The refunds were done on the 19th so they have NOT implemented the new code. Mine is 91.57 still owed, so not as big as yours, but still a huge issue in their system. I too have been given the blame game run around, and am sick of it. Tomorrow I am calling, and will push my way to a supervisor. The gift cards I have say issued, and managed by paypal inc, so I will not let paypal transfer me to ebay. It's their deal. I've been told twice that they sent my info to the special office dedicated to the problem we are having, so it's funny that they tell you that you are the only one with the problem. I will be filling a complaint with the BBB as well. If nothing is done tomorrow, I will see if I can sue them in small claims court, and if I can hopefully a subpoena to appear in a podunk claims court will get them to just credit my f*****g paypal account, like I've been asking all along.

Login to Me Too

Zonestalker
New Community Member

Really happy to find this thread as I've experienced the same prblem with multiple returns to Ebay giftcards due to circumstances outside my control (seller fraud, seller out of stock...).  

Paypal used to reference the gift card numbers used in the purchase payment receipt as well as the refund notification, so you can reuse the giftcard codes.   Since the separation from Ebay, Paypal stopped doing this and now even though the refunds are processed timely, no gift card numbers are provided with the refund so the funds are completely unusable.  After hours spent with Ebay and Paypal, the most recent answer I got was, the companies are aware of the problem but don't have a solution yet.  

It's not right for the cusomers to bear the impact of a defective business merger.  Class action anyone? 

Login to Me Too

Triplikill
Contributor
Contributor
Gift card refund in Limbo....I've read all the comments and I find myself down the rabbit hole with EBay. I received an eBay gift card for a gift and decided to use it. Item arrived damaged and seller refunded the money. PayPal refunds it to source payment ,eBay gift card services(cue Vader intro music). After repeated calls and transferred to a supervisor, 1 week later I receive an email from their gift card team stating that my refund is approved!!??? In the same email, they send they are notifying the product support team to issue me my 13 digit code...in 1-2 weeks!!!!!! Never using eBay gift cards anymore... Just got off the phone with eBay supervisor about the email and stated that when you want your fees, can I make you wait for payment: answered no...then asked why are you holding my money hostage: answer yes, kinda??? Anyone see a customer issue here???? There customer service is a complete joke......
Login to Me Too

kshopz
New Community Member

Ran into the same problem! Used 5 giftcard, all but 1 didn't get get the balance putted back! Contacted ebay customer service 4 times already and got transferred around to different department. Finally got transferred to the 'buy' department, and the rep told me he emailed the ebay giftcard department and they will put the money back into my giftcard within 3-5 business days. Sounds too good to be true at this point, but I will wait and see! Thank you all for sharing your stories! Ebay reps told me to call paypal and because of your stories, I just told them, this is an ebay problem! Hopefully everything will get resolve in a weeks time! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.