PayPals protection is ridiculous!

ElliotPierce212
Contributor
Contributor
It littering took me 10 minutes to call my post office and ask where my package was and after I gave him my tracking number it was headed to a different location and the guy stopped responding completely to me. It really shouldn't take PayPal 9+ days to look up a tracking number. I spent 400 dollars on this and it is incredibly angering that I can't even use my money. It feels like PayPal doesn't even care! What do I do?????
Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

ElliotPierce212
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah it's been about 25 days since I ordered but I just wish PayPal could do this faster even though apparently it's not possible, I wanna add files for instant proof but I can't add them for some reason. My package has just said arrived at post office destination for about 15 days. My post office some how had more info when I gave them the tracking number and said it wasn't going to my house. I'm kind of scared I'll lose my money 😕
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's the approach I take when there is a devliery issues--and I have had several.  At USPS.com fill out the complaint form for dilivery issue with your local PO.   That will lget forwarded to the local PO.  For our PO, I get a phone call in a day or 2 and get to talk to a local person who can look up details.  There isn't a lot they can do other than wait.  It may be possible to have the package retrieved and re-directed.  If the local PO doesn't help, I've called the 800 number and got through to a complaint department; I think that was the way.  That got the regional service involved.  In that case it was a packaged the the carrier,fo some unknown reason decided to send 2 packages to the regiional forwarding service--twice.  They were eventually retrieved and received.

So, with the PO, just be persistent and systematic in your approach if you want the package recovered.

But, it might just be better to hope for a refund as you item may not be what you expected.

Login to Me Too

ElliotPierce212
Contributor
Contributor
Why would I do that? It's just a dud package with nothing in it or something random that I didn't order, it weighed a lot less than it was supposed to(says the guy that I called at the post office)
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My comments were just an example of what could be done, but I concluded that it might not be the best option in your case as a refund would be better than getting a bum package.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@ElliotPierce212 wrote:
Why would I do that? It's just a dud package with nothing in it or something random that I didn't order, it weighed a lot less than it was supposed to(says the guy that I called at the post office)

what your seller could have done is find an address in your area with the same zipcode,ship a light package with tracking,once tracking shows it is delivered then he is off the hook.

if your post office allows,go take a picture of the package and the label telling where it is going and file item not received.

get a letter from LOCAL POST OFFICE SAYING it is not going to your address

This seller if he is on Ebay will be thrown out in no time

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You said yu cannot add more files to your case?

Do you know once the case is escalated to PAYPAL review,neither side can add any new information. 

You have the tracking,what does it show now?

If you lose,you can appeal.

Or file with your cc issuer if you have paid with cc,submit what USPS told you ,some folks will get a testimony from the local post office.

Login to Me Too

MoltoPrive
New Community Member

Please I encourage you all to file  a complaint just as I did with BBB.org. Paypal fees are rediculous, and in any retail situation the one using the credit card pays the fees, how can you charge me when I have not authorized you or given paypal my cc details? I would never approve that.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MoltoPrive wrote:

Please I encourage you all to file  a complaint just as I did with BBB.org. Paypal fees are rediculous, and in any retail situation the one using the credit card pays the fees, how can you charge me when I have not authorized you or given paypal my cc details? I would never approve that.

How did that happen?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

colombus78
Contributor
Contributor

You want to hear ridiculus? I loaned my daughter $75 and sent it through Paypal. She recieved it and when she tried to repay, the transaction was pending untill they cancelled the transaction. We both called and were told to resend which she did. That transaction was also cancelled "for my protection?". I called a third time and the representative  refused to let me speak to a supervisor and said my daughter neede to call and make the transaction while on the phone with another representative. ?????? PayPals security system is to say the least effed up. Someone needs to tell Elon Musk take a look at this system and fine tune it.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You sent your daughter $70.

Your daughter wants to pay you back by sending a payment to you.

what is the source of her $70,paypal fund,credit card,bank account?

It sounds like they dont like it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.