PayPals protection is ridiculous!

ElliotPierce212
Contributor
Contributor
It littering took me 10 minutes to call my post office and ask where my package was and after I gave him my tracking number it was headed to a different location and the guy stopped responding completely to me. It really shouldn't take PayPal 9+ days to look up a tracking number. I spent 400 dollars on this and it is incredibly angering that I can't even use my money. It feels like PayPal doesn't even care! What do I do?????
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First, make sure you check the tracking number status daily at USPS.com, assuming that's how it was shipped.

Next, when appropriate, file for non-receipt.

Seller will need to show delivery to your PayPal address; if not, then it's refund.

PayPal is good for buyer protection, but it doesn't protect a buyer against poor judgement.

As long as you follow PayPal rules, PayPal will provide protection for non-delivery.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElliotPierce212

Paypals dispute process always works the same way, you have 20 days to escalate a dispute to a claim.

After that the seller has 10 days to provide a valid tracking number. After the 10 days are up then paypal review / refund within 48 hours later.

I guess they have thousands of disputes and not sure why you think yours should be the exception and not have to wait for the process to finish??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cnourie

I was just warned by paypal that they don't want me to use the protection plan they offer???? I have used it 3 times due to the vendor not responding to any emails I have sent them. So I used the protection service offered to me by PayPal, things got resolved, Shortly after, I received a message from Paypal saying they are going to cut me off from using this service as I used it too much. WTF??? They offer a protection service for the consumer, then you use it and PayPal berates you for doing so??? 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@cnourie wrote:

I was just warned by paypal that they don't want me to use the protection plan they offer???? I have used it 3 times due to the vendor not responding to any emails I have sent them. So I used the protection service offered to me by PayPal, things got resolved, Shortly after, I received a message from Paypal saying they are going to cut me off from using this service as I used it too much. WTF??? They offer a protection service for the consumer, then you use it and PayPal berates you for doing so??? 

It is like insurance policy,use it too much and they will either raise your premium,cancel your policy and if auto,place you in assigned risk pool.

PAYPAL is a business,they can choose not to do business with you if you cost them too much.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Companies which offer homeowner policy would send a notice to the policy holder after paying second claim,saying one more claim,and the policy will be cancelled. 

They figure either you live in a high risk area,or you or your property is high risk,like you are not taking good care of your property or the house is too old,not well constructed or poorly located.

A good example would be mildew ,homeowner does not take care of the problem,either they are not aware or they wait too long or they hire incompetent repair men to fix the problem and then it becomes a big problem,too costly to absorb the cost.

I know after hurricane,some insurance companies would only reimburse you if the work is done by licensed worker,or you have to show the receipts how they are repaired or submit invoice detailing work to be done   asking for approval.

Some homeowners are known to keep the money and wait for crisis over to get a cheaper deal or do it themselves or not do it at all !

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Third time's the charm.  Pick better sellers/merchants to buy from.  Just because PayPal offer the purchase protection doesn't mean you should lean on it and not exercise some discretion shopping online.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No need to call the PO about tracking, you can just check it online.  PayPal would do the same:  check it online.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Shipments do get rerouted,it could be weather /logistics problem,if you call the 1-800 USPS NUMBER,they may have more information on your shipment. 

Login to Me Too

ElliotPierce212
Contributor
Contributor
I would but I'm sure I was scammed, basically he lured me off of grailed and did an invoice but he sold the same jacket so someone else on grailed. He then shipped my package to a different place and won't respond to me. 😕
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First, make sure you check the tracking number status daily at USPS.com, assuming that's how it was shipped.

Next, when appropriate, file for non-receipt.

Seller will need to show delivery to your PayPal address; if not, then it's refund.

PayPal is good for buyer protection, but it doesn't protect a buyer against poor judgement.

As long as you follow PayPal rules, PayPal will provide protection for non-delivery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.