PayPal gave a seller the wrong shipping address

CourtneyBandish
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item from a private seller via a FB buy and sell group. I just checked the tracking number and it says it is out for delivery however it's the wrong city! I moved 3 weeks ago and updated my shipping info immediately. I even just checked to make sure I had the right address for my primary and it is 100% correct.. My new address is listed as both my primary and my billing address. Is there anything I can do or that PayPal will/can do to get this straightened out? It is their fault after all for giving the seller my old address. I did everything correct and I will be upset if I'm the one who is out the loss. I even took a screen shot of my account where it says the correct primary and billing address. Any info would be appreciated
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

USPS has a service to intercept a package for a fee,but if you say it is out for delivery ,it is too late.

does it have t o be signed for?

if so,lets hope the current resident is honest.

or you can call and ask them to refuse the package it will go back to the seller. 

as long as they dont open the package ,they can mark 'return to sender' and postman will take itback and no new postage would be charged. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't know about PayPal, but it was your responsibity to give a forwarding address to the postal service.

Login to Me Too

CourtneyBandish
Contributor
Contributor
Yes obviously I realize that now.. I forgot to let the post office know to forward my mail. But that isn't really helpful in answering my question
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you did not update account/ship to info before the purchase or during checkout where you can check and add/update address.  You are at fault.  You can talk to your local post office about your options (i.e. Sign up for address forwarding, etc).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is a problem with addresses with Paypal,old address just refuse to die.

Login to Me Too

CourtneyBandish
Contributor
Contributor
Yea I'm starting to see that now lol
Login to Me Too

CourtneyBandish
Contributor
Contributor
I changed my PayPal address a few weeks way before I ordered the package so I'm definitely not at fault for this. I am just hoping the current residents will be honest
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

USPS has a service to intercept a package for a fee,but if you say it is out for delivery ,it is too late.

does it have t o be signed for?

if so,lets hope the current resident is honest.

or you can call and ask them to refuse the package it will go back to the seller. 

as long as they dont open the package ,they can mark 'return to sender' and postman will take itback and no new postage would be charged. 

Login to Me Too

CourtneyBandish
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the helpful advice. I'm hoping the new residents are honest as well. If not I will be trying to contact PayPal
Login to Me Too

Im_Not_A_Number
Contributor
Contributor

At least in some of these cases, it's a bug in their system which is using an unlisted GIFT ADDRESS. Get a PayPal rep on the phone, mention this issue of it pulling up old unlisted addresses, and they just might find one or more old gift addresses like they did on my account. They will delete these hidden addresses which aren't displayed on one's online account. Enough people have posted complaints about this that they should have snapped to it and fixed it, but, alas, did not. And for the wiseacre who admonished the customer that they should have corrected said address when making the transaction, that's simply not always a feature made available in the merchant's use of PayPal -- that's right, there's not always a chance to update incorrect info, or, the info shown isn't what finally appears. Because you see, sometimes an issue isn't always due to some clueless newbie, but rather a definite glitch in software.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.