Optional Dispute for personal transaction is not work, So why it is up there for?

MinhNguyen12
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering that why we cant take our money back if it is personal transaction because we are not exchange for anything so we can get it back anytime we want with a right reason. I have sent money to wrong person who claim to my member family, but he actually is not. File a claim about dispute personal transaction for reason send money to wrong people, which Paypal have here, but they keep closing my case and decline. I called to Dispute department, and they said they have the option for personal transaction, but it will 100% never work. I was like really **bleep**? that is what exactly that lady told me. I was really **ing mad. I have called before that Paypal told me that i should contact my bank so, they will work with my bank to take back my money, and that the reason send money to wrong person is ok. Today i called back that lady tell me it won't work for 100%. Really Paypal? I have contact my bank and they put the stop payment on that transaction so it cant take my money out from my bank account, so i wonder what would happened next? i have used paypal account for 4 years never claim anything, and sent money to many peoples. I WILL NOT CLAIM IF IT IS NOT A PROBLEM TO ME PAYPAL PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IF IT IS RIGHT, IT IS RIGHT. I HAVE WASTE MY TIME SO MUCH FOR THIS **king problem. please understand the situation of people who is college student and about to lose 500$. CHECK MY HISTORY, I NEVER CLAIM IF IT IS A RIGHT PAYMENT ok?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

MinhNguyen12
Contributor
Contributor
So you lose your chargeback when you are decided as a loser ? My bank is well fargo as well
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

@lancelotme

The end of my comments was to ask if the bank actually accepted a stop payment.  The reason is that I don't know how it woud work for an authorized transfer.

Stop payments are generallyf or checks and they, too, can have unexpected consequences, but at least the check is from one party to another, not an intermediary.

yes,the problem is Paypal is the intermediary,and Paypal wont do anything for the sender.

But he said PAYPAL tells him things he cant understand,he needs a friend who is better in English to call Paypal 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

another way to do this if you are desperate,is to withdraw all the money from your bank account,close the account !

if you leave the account open,you will pay a non sufficient fund fee for bouncing a check

Login to Me Too

MinhNguyen12
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks you so much for your information, i told my bank that i am using paypal and send money to wrong person, so they immediately put stop payment on that transaction from paypal to take my money. It was just 2 days ago. Yesterday i called paypal they said that they understand my problem and tell me to contact my bank to take my money back and they will investigate and refund me. They also said that they will work with my bank to take the money back. Today i called again they said it is personal they cant do anything, and only bank can help me. I was shockked because it is different from what they saidd yesterday. I dont have to pay the fee for stop payment. I am really dont know what to do now. Of course i am willing to give money if it is thw right person if it is not so why should i waste my money for. I think that. If paypal cant take my money so my account will become negative
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The problem is if the bank is willing to get the money back for you,it will be getting it back from Paypal.

Unless PAYPAL is willing to go after the  guy who has the money,you will end up owing Paypal $500.

Your Paypal account will have a negative balance of $500.

Do you have this guy phone number,try to give him a call?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you may want to talk to a lawyer or some law enforcement officer,he misrepresented himself and cheat you out of $500,would that be cybercrime?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.