Optional Dispute for personal transaction is not work, So why it is up there for?

MinhNguyen12
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering that why we cant take our money back if it is personal transaction because we are not exchange for anything so we can get it back anytime we want with a right reason. I have sent money to wrong person who claim to my member family, but he actually is not. File a claim about dispute personal transaction for reason send money to wrong people, which Paypal have here, but they keep closing my case and decline. I called to Dispute department, and they said they have the option for personal transaction, but it will 100% never work. I was like really **bleep**? that is what exactly that lady told me. I was really **ing mad. I have called before that Paypal told me that i should contact my bank so, they will work with my bank to take back my money, and that the reason send money to wrong person is ok. Today i called back that lady tell me it won't work for 100%. Really Paypal? I have contact my bank and they put the stop payment on that transaction so it cant take my money out from my bank account, so i wonder what would happened next? i have used paypal account for 4 years never claim anything, and sent money to many peoples. I WILL NOT CLAIM IF IT IS NOT A PROBLEM TO ME PAYPAL PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IF IT IS RIGHT, IT IS RIGHT. I HAVE WASTE MY TIME SO MUCH FOR THIS **king problem. please understand the situation of people who is college student and about to lose 500$. CHECK MY HISTORY, I NEVER CLAIM IF IT IS A RIGHT PAYMENT ok?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Duplicate post from another category.

No, you can't take money back you voluntarily gave to someone.

Login to Me Too

MinhNguyen12
Contributor
Contributor

so the option dispute for personal transaction for?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There is no dispute as you voluntarily sent the money as friend and family.

But you said you have made a stop payment with your bank,that should work,all you pay is stop payment fee.

when does it take place?

ACH takes 3-5 days,

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A stop payment may have unintened consequences.

The stop payment would be to claw back the funds from PayPal only.  The user, however, really did authorize PayPal to take funds, so that's an issue.

If the stop payment is successful I think it would only take funds back from PayPal; that would leave the the PayPal balance negative.  The stop payment doesn't reach the reipient.

It could cause PayPal to limit the account until paid.

Did the bank actually accept a stop payment initiation for a transfer?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If it were an e check,then PAYPAL is not prefunding $500,it will try to withdraw $500 from his account,if there is not enough fund,it will try again then give up.

It depends on how much he has in his bank account now, 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

A stop payment may have unintened consequences.

The stop payment would be to claw back the funds from PayPal only.  The user, however, really did authorize PayPal to take funds, so that's an issue.

If the stop payment is successful I think it would only take funds back from PayPal; that would leave the the PayPal balance negative.  The stop payment doesn't reach the reipient.

It could cause PayPal to limit the account until paid.

Did the bank actually accept a stop payment initiation for a transfer?

HOW does stop payment work?

For a fee,you tell your banker check no xxx,amount $YYY,dont pay it,there is a time limit,it is good for 3 months I think.

With a transfer,there is no check number,so how do you ask the bank to stop payment?

I think you give them the name of the VILLAIN,the bad guy ,his name is Paypal.

Login to Me Too

MinhNguyen12
Contributor
Contributor
No, i described to my bank very detail and even show him transaction in my paypal account, i ask him so many times how do i prevent it, he just said that the payment is on stop so money cant go out and that's it. Paypal even told me since this is on credit card so i should contact my bank to get my money back paypal cant do anything, so i contact my bank and they did that. Paypal tell me contact my bank i do exactly what they said dont blame on me for owe them money. Anyway i called A customer support before the lady today who tell me she cant do anything. that supports see my claim and tell me that my bank have some special power which can help me take back money, so i should contact them, she told me many things but i cant understand because english is not my first language, but it was not like the lady who i contact today who said i cant do anything. Anyway why paypal have dispute personal transaction option, if it is not work so take it out. I saw that option and dont worry about sending money to friend/household. i see many replier dont understand what i said
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@lancelotme

The end of my comments was to ask if the bank actually accepted a stop payment.  The reason is that I don't know how it woud work for an authorized transfer.

Stop payments are generallyf or checks and they, too, can have unexpected consequences, but at least the check is from one party to another, not an intermediary.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

stop payment can be for non checkl,it goes by a different name,I dont remember the proper term.

You can go to the bank and tell them yo want to stop SO and SO from accessing your account.

One example of So and So is your merchant account provider ,it will collect the proceeds from your credit card orders and deposit in your bank account.

It can also withdraw chargeback amount and chargeback fee when there is a chargeback.

I managed to stop them from taking fund out of my bank account when there is  a chargeback until a decision is made that I am the loser.

My merchant account provider is a small bank in the midwest,cant recall their name,my bank is Wells Fargo bank.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.