My account limited due ti fake ID upload 12 months ago.

Yulia123
Contributor
Contributor

I just send this message to PayPal team, waiting for response. 

Have anyone from community had this issue? Potentially it could be huge security question to paypal. 

Hello. PayPal team.
Just spoke on the phone with a costumer representative and need to clarify few things.
Our account was limited and explanation we received is: "Fake ID Uploaded in Feb 2016".
There are 2 owners to our electronic store, both owners have clean background and never owned a fake ID (both over 21, no reason to have one). Our business proudly have 5 stars reviews because of high standards.
2 Questions i have:
If there was a fake ID uploaded to our account, how could we possibly take receive and send payment by PayPal over the year? Is there more accounts using fake ID's and use paypal?
We don't have the access to the fake ID that was uploaded to PayPal, could you please provide it to us.
Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so they just found out the fake ID uploaded last year?

Did you or one of the staff uploaded it?

Login to Me Too

Yulia123
Contributor
Contributor

My partner uploaded it for verification purposes a year ago. We had been using account since then with no problems. Now they locked the account and saying fake ID was uploaded back in 2016. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Fake ID was uplaoded. You got caught.

Of course your account got limited; it was fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

Yulia123
Contributor
Contributor

1. The ID is legit and can be verified trough DMV

2. It means there are  people use fake IDs for PayPal scams and it's possible....

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Yulia123 wrote:

My partner uploaded it for verification purposes a year ago. We had been using account since then with no problems. Now they locked the account and saying fake ID was uploaded back in 2016. 

after 180 days,Paypal will notify you that the fund in your account is ready to be withdrawn and your account wlll be closed forever.

Login to Me Too

Yulia123
Contributor
Contributor

The ID can be verified trough DMV and it is 100% legit. 

Has anyone had any luck suing PayPal? Maybe small claim court? 

I can't hold PayPal money for 180 days, why they should be able to hold mine???

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is not telling you the reason why they find the ID fraudulent,you may have to hire a lawyer to find out.

They can lock up your account if they deem it involves fraudulent .risky activities which could jeopardise their business ,when you sign up with them,you agree  to their terms.

get a copy and show it to your lawyer.

if it is not much money,then just find another payment processor. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Two owners to your store, which owner registered the PayPal account?  Has that owner submitted all correct ID information?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

Two owners to your store, which owner registered the PayPal account?  Has that owner submitted all correct ID information?

The best is to get a lawyer to find out what is wrong with the ID they uploaded 12 months ago.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.