Item not received- tracking says delivered

aeolianmdoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I know this is a common question and I have found many questions that have solutions, but for my own peace of mind I must ask it again, so I apologize in advance. 

I purchased an item ($215) and paid with Goods and Services. Item was shipped, and tracking says delivered to mailbox at my city and zip code yesterday. However, I honestly did not get the package. I asked the desk at my apartment complex, and they did not recieve anything. I asked a few neighbors if perhaps the key to the community lock box was placed in their mailbox by accident and it was not. I will visit the post office as soon as it opens tomorrow to inqure further.

In the event that I just never get my package, what can I do? Do I have a case here? From my research it seems like I would be out of luck, as the tracking says delivered and to my city and zip. I really hope this isn't the case. 

Thank you for your input. 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

aeolianmdoe
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. This is exaclty my case. The package was marked as delivered. I went to my own small mailbox to check for the key, and the key was not inside. This is exaclty my problem. I know that this is a usps goof. I just wanted to know if this usps mistake will be covered by paypal. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does not cover USPS mistakes.  You need to contact your local postmaster.  Another way is to file a complaint at USPS.com; it will go to the local PO for investigation.  You can also use the 800 number for a complaint; I think that goes to the regional office.

Login to Me Too

aeolianmdoe
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is what I have done. I am activly working with my local usps branch to locate this package. Thank you for your help. 

Login to Me Too

aeolianmdoe
Contributor
Contributor

** FINAL UPDATE**

I got the package. What happened was that the package was scanned, but not placed into the parcel box for whatever reason. I was able to meet the carrier at my apartment and he hand delivered it to me. He said he was not working on the day it was scanned, so he doesnt know what happened exactly. 

I am extremely dissapointed in the position that paypal put me in. The "protection" is a thin veil at best. I expect the level of customer protection that Amazon has; ie. eat the cost if the customer doesnt get the goods, with signature as the only acceptable proof of delivery. I have made many high dollar purchases via paypal/ebay. Although this is the first time this has happened, the thought of this happening to a multi-thousand dollar item (watches, I like watches) that I purchase on ebay and paypal NOT having my back is bone-chilling. 

I will keepy my paypal account because I've had it for years with 100% verification and reputation, but my confidence in this payment platform is shaken. I have been lead into a ruse, a scheme, a hoax. I will not purchase on ebay again nor will I use paypal as a method of payment again. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Glad it worked out.

The real problem, however, was your local postal service, not PayPal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

jupiter1
Contributor
Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of your problem. We are in the same boat, only we are out over $1,000.00. Same seller fraud. read my post under jupiter1.

Login to Me Too

aeolianmdoe
Contributor
Contributor

I accepted your reply as a solution on accident lol. Sorry, slip of the finger. In any case, I read your post and I am very sorry. It is an expensive lesson to learn that paypal does not have your back. I was unaware and I assumed ebay/paypal would have customer service like amazon. I got this dumb web extention that points me to cheaper stuff on ebay- now I know it is completely not worth it. I would pay a higher price for an item on amazon than to be **bleep** over by ebay/paypal. Im sorry you lost 1000 dollars. I lost 200, but now I know to never buy from ebay again. 

Login to Me Too

pjfresh5
Contributor
Contributor
So if the package service loses a item, how is it the sellers fault? We paid them to lose it ? How exactly is failure to perform job duties a scam.
Login to Me Too

aeolianmdoe
Contributor
Contributor

The hierarchy for fault assumption in the case of a lost package is courier > seller > buyer. When the buyer pays for something he or she should receive it- PERIOD. It is never, ever the buyers fault and if someone needs to take a loss between the buyer and seller, of course its the seller! 

Login to Me Too

pjfresh5
Contributor
Contributor
You can have your opinion, but sellers are not responsible for a secure location for delivery. Completely out of our control and my mission was to package and ship it. Your statement may hold true if it's lost in transit but if it shows delivered my liability goes down to zero. Yes I deserve to take a loss of my item in addition to reimbursing you because you CLAIM you didn't receive a DELIVERED package. Have a great day.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.