Is Genersale.com a legitimate dealer?

Bmwbob
Contributor
Contributor

I need to buy a Honda EU2000i generator. The cheapest price I had found was $900 from Northern Tool.

Now I find that Genersale.com sells the same item for $670.

While this price is attractive, the facts that the only way you can contact them is by email (tried that already...no reply) and they only accept PayPal for payment both together raise at least a yellow flag for me.

Past experience has shown me that should a problem arise in a Paypal deal, getting my money back is far from an overnight task.

Also, their website identifies them as being part of the Unity Online enterprise. The only reference to Unity I can find is for a new age religious group from Missouri.

Common sense tells me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably isn’t, so I come seeking the “Wisdom of the Crowd” to either vouch for this place or alert me to a scam.

Bob

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

GaryS48
Contributor
Contributor

Would you mind telling me the phone number you used to call PayPal? I cannot find a number. I have the same problem with that vendor.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gary, 

Sorry, I didn't save the number. But I'll tell you how to get it. 

Go to RESOLUTION CENTER

You can file a claim here (which might be better than getting on the phone with them--what an ordeal!) 

I made the mistake of filing under a heading of something like "FRAUD". Wrong thing to do, after several days, they started over on my claim. Be sure to click on "ITEM NOT RECEIVED OR NOT AS DESCRIBED". You can still call them by going down to the bottom left hand corner of the page and click on CONTACT. If you don't find the number then, click on CONTACT again. They give you a code to use and a 60 minute window to use it. 

IF you used a credit card (rather than an automatic bank draft) through Paypal, I recommend you dispute a charge with the credit card company and let them go after Paypal. It is a lot easier.... 

The GENERSALE website has been shut down.

Good luck!

Susan <removed>

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe Paypal hasn't been able to take steps to shut this guy and his website! I did a search and found these government reporting sites. We should all make these contacts!

https://search.usa.gov/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&affiliate=usagov&query=fraudulent+website&commit=Search

Login to Me Too

Pegfav-1
NO. Thought Pay pal listing was proof company was legit, but when checking payment, noticed it was billed as a "pet products" store, and stated would "usually ship within 24 hrs". Waited til Day after purchase charged to CC, Dec 5, and on Dec 6TH LOOKED on company website to see if ship date was listed, and still read "processing". Was impossible to get on telephone with PayPal thru CC company, so filed claim through cc company to deal with Pay Pal. NEVER USE YOUR BANK CONNECTED DEBIT CARD for internet purchases. Only use CC (credit card) WITH NO ASSOCIATION TO ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNTS. Lesson learned was from my son. GOOGLE COMPANY NAME FIRST for reviews before buying.
Login to Me Too

tim1215
Contributor
Contributor
I called credit card co and had my refund emedeletly. Ordered one from Northern Tool it came in 9 days. Also came with a $200 goft card. The generator is sweet.
Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, something did not read right here. But that is great. I want the same deal. Happy HOLIDAYS.
Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, WEBCO, I followed Tim's lead and went to Northern Tool. Today (18th) is the last day for the gift card. Generator (Honda Companion) is on back order. Check out process looks weird (like they are adding the cost of the gift card to your order) but it all works out fine in the end. I called customer service to ask about it before finishing the checkout proces, but after 10 minutes (no exageration) on hold, I founf out that it all works out fine. 

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tim! I did the same, thanks to your post. Today (18th) is the last day for the gift card. Merry Christmas! 

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Go to Northern Tool. Their price is $1099 and today (18th) is the last day for a $200 gift card. And if you go through Ebates you get another $25.00 back! Generator (Honda Companion) is on back order, delivery in January. Check out process looks weird (like they are adding the cost of the gift card to your order) but it all works out fine in the end. I called customer service to ask about it before finishing the checkout proces, but after 10 minutes (no exageration) on hold, I found out that it all works out fine. 

Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor
You will pay 1099. And will get a 200 gift card for future purchases.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.