Is Genersale.com a legitimate dealer?

Bmwbob
Contributor
Contributor

I need to buy a Honda EU2000i generator. The cheapest price I had found was $900 from Northern Tool.

Now I find that Genersale.com sells the same item for $670.

While this price is attractive, the facts that the only way you can contact them is by email (tried that already...no reply) and they only accept PayPal for payment both together raise at least a yellow flag for me.

Past experience has shown me that should a problem arise in a Paypal deal, getting my money back is far from an overnight task.

Also, their website identifies them as being part of the Unity Online enterprise. The only reference to Unity I can find is for a new age religious group from Missouri.

Common sense tells me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably isn’t, so I come seeking the “Wisdom of the Crowd” to either vouch for this place or alert me to a scam.

Bob

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54
Solved

10995skyler

Stay away from this crook. I am still working with Paypal to get my refund for the item that has never been shipped. Two emails to customer service has no return and in over ten days , they still did not reply to the escalated dispute through Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor
SCAM SCAM SCAM. NEXT TIME I’LL PAY THE EXTRA $200 FROM A HONA DEALER.
Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor
Genersale.com is the scammer NOT GENERSALES.COM two different web sites. Sorry for the mistake.
Login to Me Too

tim1215
Contributor
Contributor

I called my credit card company and they stated that they would credit my account under my credit card fruad protection. They will go after Pay Pal and genersales to get the money back. I did not have a lot of faith in Pay Pal as they are the ones still dealing with genersales and people are still getting ripped off. I don't think people should have to wait 10 or 30 days to get their money back as this is a ovbious scam.

Login to Me Too

troll4fish
New Community Member

I too ordered one of these generators thinking it was a great deal! well after 3 weeks of waiting and no replies to emails here i am also! there should be a way to get that site taken down and keep that crook from getting any further sites up on the internet to rip people off! I am sure i will get my CC refunded, this time i will buy from a PROVEN merchant!

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

I went to Paypal first. Filed a claim, and they sent me a message that they were escalating my claim. Then, it occurred me to go after the CC. Capital One IMMEDIATELY gave me a refund while they investigate. About 4 days later i got an email from Paypal saying, Ok, you got your money back from your CC company (how did they know?) we will work with them now and your claim with us is closed. (Sure would have loved to get the generator at that price, though :0 )

Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor
It’s genersale.com, No s on sale.
Login to Me Too

Kg1998
Contributor
Contributor
I also have found another site called hondagenertorshops.com which is a scam as well be ware of it too
Login to Me Too

aceiron
Contributor
Contributor

No, They are a scam, I have been weeks emailing and calling PayPal with no refund todate.

PayPal should stop this guy from stealing from people  NOW.

PayPal is also stealing by helping him and taking weeks to return our money.

I will be calling my bank and credit card Co. today to speed this up.

Godaddy is also helping them steal by not shuting him down.

Login to Me Too

aceiron
Contributor
Contributor

After calling PayPal again, Today  I got my $679 back.

It may be faster just to call your bank than weeks calling PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.