Is Genersale.com a legitimate dealer?

Bmwbob
Contributor
Contributor

I need to buy a Honda EU2000i generator. The cheapest price I had found was $900 from Northern Tool.

Now I find that Genersale.com sells the same item for $670.

While this price is attractive, the facts that the only way you can contact them is by email (tried that already...no reply) and they only accept PayPal for payment both together raise at least a yellow flag for me.

Past experience has shown me that should a problem arise in a Paypal deal, getting my money back is far from an overnight task.

Also, their website identifies them as being part of the Unity Online enterprise. The only reference to Unity I can find is for a new age religious group from Missouri.

Common sense tells me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably isn’t, so I come seeking the “Wisdom of the Crowd” to either vouch for this place or alert me to a scam.

Bob

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

dogbarczar

Got scammed too.  Went to godaddy.com to find genersale.com website and filed a fraudulent website investigation.  Site is now gone. I filed a case with Paypal and they closed the case and did not refund my money, said everything was legit.  Had to reopen a case.

Login to Me Too

aprnit
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the honda 2000 generator on Dec 15, it was never shipped. Couple of days back their website is also down. Why would PayPal continue to do business with such a supplier

Login to Me Too

Kg1998
Contributor
Contributor
Idk I've reported it through them and they said they was looking into it... I did however get the money back ... file a claim with PayPal for item not received and wait 10 days for seller to respond (lol) and on the 11th day PayPal refunds the money... after I filled a claim online I also called to escalate it faster ...
Login to Me Too

GaryS48
Contributor
Contributor

Would you by chance still have the number you called PayPal at? Their instructions to get the call number don't work for me.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

GaryS-- They have to give you a code number to call.

Go to the top of this page. Click on HELP. 

Click on CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Go to the bottom of the page and there is an option to CALL US.

They will give you phone number and code. But be ready to make your call, as the code is only valid for a short window. 

Have your transaction number and other pertinent data available. Tell them "you did not receive an item you paid for".  

Quite frankly, I recommend you contact your bank or credit card (whichever was tied to Paypal), and let them deal with Paypal. It is much easier.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.