Got some issue with seller (support staff) and now they refuse to communicate (ignored)

slyphnier
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone

this is first time experiencing this kind of issue, so i hope can get help from here as this is saturday

while waiting till monday

i will write about how the issue started: (i will try to make it short as possible)

i got some issue with [Personal information removed], the staff failed to process my order because the product out of stock

then i am complaining to them why all of sudden the staff not proccessing in usual timely manner

ever since i using their shopping service they always respond my message within a hour and less than 30minutes for order confirmation

But when i need them most, they didnt reply my message until almost 3hours later where not long after the item sold out.

this of course upset me. So I ask for their explanation from their manager.

Their manager responsed this evening and saying basically there nothing wrong with their service, and nothing they can do

but not explaining why it happen now, never been before since like 4month using their service.

Now i lost faith in their service, but as they still have 2item on hold, so i decide to clear-up about the packaging because i also got issue on last shipment from them. Back then I did request them for the packing, but they not really did the packing exactly as my request

Then ever since the last message from their manager, i am no longer getting respond from them even from their staff

and now i am kinda worry, as beside 2 items i still some unused-funds on them

this is first time experiencing a shopping service, that cut communication after a user complain

hope someone can give advice how to handle this situation

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The merchant's business model is complicated. You pay for the items so they can buy the items for you and stock may not be available and you already paid your money for the item out of stock and then paying for shipping separately and sometimes make deposits for auctions which may make filing disputes cumbersome, if not completely impossible.

Tell them you want to continue to buy the two items they have in stock and add something else to the order to make up for item out of stock.  Give them some time to respond.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Please explain what this has anything to do with PayPal.  Did you make a payment?

Login to Me Too

slyphnier
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for incomplete information

Yes all payment (funds) is using paypal

And i did send the payment few times.

Zenmarket.jp is shopping service, so i have to pay them before they processing order

so i have to add funds to them (i paid using paypal) -> then i paid the merchandise from the funds

now as they no longer responding my message (i know this is weekends, but usually they have some staff responding message anytime), i am not sure what to do

yet i have funds and some items on them

do paypal have buyer protection if they do things without user concent

suchs as force shipment without user permission 

really this is first time, i am really supprised how they can cutted/ignored me just because i complained them

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From you explanation it looks like you simply transferred funds to the marketing service multiple times.  After you transferred the funds, then you used the funds fo make a purchase, meaning the transfer from PayPal was not a purchase, so no buyer protection.

You need to explain how you sent the payment a few times.  Was it as goods/services or payment for purchase from their website?

How many PayPal transactions?  What are the details for each one?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The merchant's business model is complicated. You pay for the items so they can buy the items for you and stock may not be available and you already paid your money for the item out of stock and then paying for shipping separately and sometimes make deposits for auctions which may make filing disputes cumbersome, if not completely impossible.

Tell them you want to continue to buy the two items they have in stock and add something else to the order to make up for item out of stock.  Give them some time to respond.

Login to Me Too

slyphnier
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the advice everyone

i kinda half-solved with them, well at least they replied my message

hopefully i can deal the transactions without more issues... and hope getting my goods without any problem

lots merchants business model is like that in japan

smaller shop only sell speciality items and most of them do not ship oversea, probably only amazon that providing many product varieties and ship oversea

so to push the sales, most merchants is like partnering with various local shop, and providing the shopping service thrue them

regarding buyer protection, i also called paypal support, and they said no buyer protection if i buy combined items but pay shipping cost separately

after heard that, i kinda worried

i thought buyer protection covering most transaction types, as long i buying "real" product

but i learn that paypal buyer protection more about paypal marketing for people to use the service more

well i learn that i better go with more reliable merchants

they might not cheap, but at least their service is more reliable and i can be safe make puchases from them

another note.... i read this many times

many people saying, a disputed transaction can't be refunded , so in dispute status, the transaction simply freeze

but why paypal support staff always saying, seller can refund the transactions ?

some seller even keep saying they can't refund if buyer claim dispute in paypal

so which one is true ?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@slyphnier said

but why paypal support staff always saying, seller can refund the transactions ?

some seller even keep saying they can't refund if buyer claim dispute in paypal

so which one is true ?

-------------------------------------------------

When you file a dispute with PAYPAL,the payment to the seller is withheld so the seller cannot just take the money and run !

But the seller can refund you if it has not been escalated to get Paypal involved.

Once Paypal is reviewing the case,then either of us can do anything but just wait .

It sounds like there is a problem filling your order,give them sometime,small companies in Japan do not mass produce,it will take time for them to complete all the backorders.

(Once I ordered some handpainted norens from an artist who has his own studio,but instead of painting,he spent more time COOKING,his mother was in the hospital and do you know Japanese hospitals do not have kitchens,it encourage the patient family to bring food to the patient as a way of showng they care! So thats how he spent his days cooking and delivering food to his mother !)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.