cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples of Suspected Fraud or Fake Emails

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: Scammed by : UAB

is any one having problems with pay pal im taking them to cort what they are saying about online is true its the devils work its ruining the world and the stupit people are letting it im a buessnes owner and my wifes name ia on my paypal account she autherrised me to speak at least 20 times of me calling paypal doesnt want to get it through there thick penny pinching

heads they are agravating me

New Community Member

how do you send the emails to PayPal because there's a lady that is doing the same thing with the wedding dress that I have for sale on Craigslist and she wants to send me 800 for the dress and 458 it she wants me to send 800 in my paypal account but it's not she has different email
New Community Member

What email address could I forward the fake email to?
Volunteer Advisor

Hi ThatGuyBigO

spoof@paypal.com

Volunteer Advisor

If you already know it is fake which of course it is then you don't need to send it to paypal.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

I think you're incorrect.

I was under the impression that PayPal does more than just record the offending emails. Like checking the source domain, contacting email domain administrators, reporting offenders, getting malicious websites, webpages (& their operators) shut down. If they don't, they should start.

Report them all. Always.

If I'm wrong, I hope you'll set me straight.

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'
New Community Member

@ThatGuyBigO wrote:
What email address could I forward the fake email to?

forward message to:

spoof@paypal.com

after forwarding your message to Spoof@paypal.com , I'd delete the received message.

New Community Member

I just had the SAME thing happen to me! Selling my iPad and they wanted me to send it Nigeria. Got emails from "paypal" but nothing on the actual paypal site. I didn't send it and now they want to report me...go ahead. I saved everything.

New Community Member

I just delt with the same thing.   Emails from paypal, but nothing in my paypal account.  Didn't fool me.

New Community Member

Re: Scammed

I had almost the same thing, asked for the item to be sent overseas, had the emails through from paypal, but I fell for it and now they have a very nice phone going to them, I'm out of pocket.... I hope karma catches up with them. It is disgusting how they do it.