Be aware!!Fraud seller stole my money and PayPal can't help

SamAir77
Contributor
Contributor

Dear friends

i,m going to be quick 

A month ago i decided to buy a drone from eBay.

seller david_008 who's account does not exist now on eBay, approached me via email to do the transaction outside eBay so that i get the drone cheaper.

And so i did thinking that PayPal would be on my side. I WAS WRONG!! 

Seller, after i sent the payment of 860 euro delayed the shipping so i started worry. I emailed him many times without answer. after a day or two he replied that he had a problem with my payment which is not true since he accepted my payment and he will not sent it!!!! Then i opened a case in paypal!!

He got mad and he replied to me that i never get my money back since i opened a case. I asked PayPal to cancel transaction since seller didn't ship any item.Paypal refused.

Long story short, seller said did sent the item with tracking number.I follow the item and it never arrives, as it changes location. I ask post office and they tell me that this tracking number corresponds to other name and for that reason i won't be able to get it.!! i was freaked out when i asked post officers if it was a box and they replied that its only an envelope !!!

I provide all all this info to PayPal but PayPal closes the case as seller provided all proof PayPal needed and im here without even the envelope!!!

Post office say that its a common fraud with double tracking numbers from origins post office.

I also contacted the police and my bank.

Seller never replied to me , either PayPal can help me as case is CLOSED!!!!

may black holes in the system. Be aware !!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamAir77

Nevermind about the seller, you should be covered by your card issuer so go for the chargeback, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamAir77

Have you phoned customer services to appeal the decision?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SamAir77
Contributor
Contributor

dear friend.

thank you for you reply.

i called them maybe 6 times!!!! and to me, these are international calls of at least 15minutes each!!

FYI sellers email is ...   <removed>   just to know!

Login to Me Too

SamAir77
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

dear friend i did phoned them again. i asked to ament case. i sent them proof and today they replied that they accepted my files but they cannot refund me. what is this? i can't believe it. meanwhile the sellers email does not exist. its obvious that its fraud but PayPal won't admit it. what can i do. thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamAir77

Did you FUND that paypal payment via a card? If so can you try a chargeback??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SamAir77
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

PayPal charges my credit card automatically. i contacted my bank asking for chargeback or fraud but not results yet. do you believe i have chances?

even though why this seller will gat away and PayPal won't even care???

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamAir77

Nevermind about the seller, you should be covered by your card issuer so go for the chargeback, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SamAir77
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Jeff30
New Community Member
I purchased 468.90 worth of gshock watches from the gshock factory I made a resolution complaint because the gshock factory was not Giving me a status on my order well they finally answered me back and said if I dropped the complaint they would get my order in the mail now again they will not answer any of my emails I was taken for 468.90 and Paypal said they will not help me get my money back I always thought Paypal would protect me but I guess I was wrong. If Paypal would contact the gshock factory they could get my money back but I was told they would not help me does anyone have any ideas on what I can do thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeff30

That is what buyer protection is for, you would get a refund if you opened a claim.

However if you close the claim BEFORE you have had your item OR a cleared refund then you have negated that protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.