Your Account Temporary Has Been Limited

amras14

i got an email today went into it then went to website but i didnt log in. i wanted to know if it was a scam?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Without knowing the sender and contents of the e-mail there is no way to know anything.

Login to Me Too

amras14

it came from this address paypal@account-reminder.com

this is what it says

your paypal account temporary has been limited becaused we've found significant changes in your account activity. as your payment method we want to make this situation better.

then it goes on to tell you whats going on and gives a link to resolution center

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's not a PayPal origination address.

Clicking on such a link can be very dangerous.  The link address should be carefully investigated first.

You could forward to spoof @ PayPal.com

Login to Me Too

amras14

what do you mean forward to spoof @ paypal.com? im kinda new here sorry.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is the place to send supicious e-mails for PayPal to evaluate  (leave out the extra spaces in the email addrress).

I think your email is a scam of some sort to collect your account information.  It's important ot learn how to protect yourself form scams and pfishing schemes.

Login to Me Too

amras14

ok thank you for all your help. i sent the message

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try mousing over the link to see the url next time.  Don't click it if you don't have to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.