What would you do?

etxcltr18
Contributor
Contributor

Bought starter for truck via Rockauto.com, they sent wrong part. I contacted Rockauto.com and they got really mad from the begining. So i tried to let them know you sent the wrong part. Well all the dude kept saying is return the part and i will issue a refund.

Ok huh, well no. The part is a car starter and will cost almost 20.00 thru fedex (the way it arrived).

So i contacted paypal and let them know i purchased this part with paypal credit and its not as described and then some.

Well what do you know.. Paypal says i gotta pay for a return.

So if i sent this part back im out shipping, rockauto.com gets its part back and paypal credit gets its $77.78 and im out close to 20.00 shipping? Am i the only one who thinks this is so F-d up its not funny.

So i contact paypal on the phone, what a joke that was. I got passed to 5 cs reps who said yep your right. Then would just read some script saying sorry but Rockauto.com makes us way more $$ then you. So you gotta pay to send back there mistake.

So after years and years of paypal making money off me. Im closing my acct. SO FED UP ITS NOT FUNNY.

Oh and get this rockauto.com has currently 338 complaints about this exact thing.

So one would think paypal would care. No

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@etxcltr18

Unforunately that is exactly what buyer protection states you must do.

It can never give you 100% protection for everything.

During the ''dispute stage'' of a dispute the seller can give part refunds or you can negotiate a part refund BUT 

Once escalated to a claim paypal do not deal with part refunds OR part returns, all they can offer you is a full refund on return of the item to the seller.

BUT if you buy from a business in your own country and they don't refund then you can normally get it back via legal action.

HOWEVER if you choose to buy internationally OR from a private seller you don't have that option.

Its all down to who you choose to transact with any risk assessing those transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Starting a new thread for the same issue you started last month isn't going to change the outcome.  PayPal is just following it's published policies.

RockAuto may be a problem seller, but that's not the fault of PayPal.  It just means buyers should not buy from the company, yet they still do.

You are free to close your account as state.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.