Unauthorized Transaction - Scam

404Flo
Contributor
Contributor

So I sold a League of Legends Account via Skype, he paied me and since i saw the Money on my Account ofcourse i gave it to him.

10 Minutes later: Unauthorized Transaction. Now I searched trough the Forums and basically you want to tell me if he knows a LITTLE Bit about Internet and just changes his IP he can basically scam all he wants? Or if he says it was his Brother? Do i have any chance of winning this?

Btw: My Account now has -20€.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If someone files unauthorised transaction then the genuine account holder of course gets their funds back again.

HOWEVER you would not lose out either if you met all the requirements of seller protection.

Unfortunately there is no seller protection for digital / virtual items, you can of course sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

404Flo
Contributor
Contributor

But he sent it via Family and Friends?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why? was he a family member or a mate? If not then why are you selling and asking for payment that way?

If paypal find you are asking for payment that way to evade paypal fees you risk your account being limited so be very careful. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

404Flo
Contributor
Contributor

I told him to because i already had the case where a guy opend a Dispute.

So i thought since F&F is not coverd by that, he can just send it that way and i do not have to deal with that stuff again.

Well thought wrong.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.