Scam from Shoe seller in China

A-Dog
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by http://www.rekhsob.com/

I know I have been scammed; I'm currently working with the Paypal resolution team for a refund.  After reading some of the other 'scam' postings, I'm wondering if I will be successful in getting a refund.  Here's how the scam worked so far......

I see a legit website selling shoes.  Place an order for $120.00 paid thru Paypal and feeling pretty secure about the transaction because the seller's website uses Paypal.  I receive a 14 cent plastic shower cap sent to me from China in a small padded envelope.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what was behind this.  Why did I receive a shower cap from this company?  When Paypal said they would refund my money as long as I returned the item I was sent.  I could use any shipping company that has online tracking.  My first stop was the UPS store.  They told me it would cost me $90.00 to send it via UPS with online tracking (a .02 lb envelope).  So, there's part of the scam......now I have to pay an additional $90.00 to get my $120.00 back!   If I decide that's just too much money and not worth it, the seller wins and gets $120.00 from me for nothing (oh, the seller spent 14 cents for the shower cap and whatever the shipping cost was, I highly doubt it was over $5.00 to ship that junk to me, but I have to pay thru the nose to send it back to China).

My next stop was the US Post Office.  The price is around $12.00 for registered mail w/tracking, but I have to find out today if the tracking is the 'online tracking' that the Paypal email said I have to use. 

After reading some posts here, I realize that there might be more to this scam..........I saw  that when a buyer sent their merchandise back to China, it ended up sitting at a depot in China and the seller said they never received the merchandise back and Paypal didn't issue a refund because the seller never received the stuff.  I hope my claim doesn't end that way.

This dispute is not over yet.  I am currently working thru the dispute process with Paypal and I am going to try and send this cheap hotel give-away shower cap back to the address provided to me by Paypal.

I will never buy anything from China over the internet again. 

I'm surprised that Paypal still does business with a website that scams its customers.

Is there somewhere that a warning can be posted about scams like this (besides this forum)? 

Will Paypal discontinue dealing with a company that scams their American buyers?

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

jack-bio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Olivia,

thank you for your response. I even created a twitter account for this case. Hope this helps. But after a 16 mails to customer support  I dont believe in success.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jack-bio,

Please let us know how it works out after you reach @AskPayPal. Thanks! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jack-bio
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! That works!

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.
We were able to recover $83.25 USD and this amount has been credited to
you."

I like the idea of ​​using twitter as an analog of personal communication by phone. At dialogue with customer support via email I get the impression that sometimes I talk to robots, not humans.

Thank you, Olivia!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jack-bio,

Thank you for coming back to let us know you'd received resolution! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Olivia, You can find and read my story, too, in this thread. But at scambook.com you"ll find the whole story listed against Shoes365buy. I'm from Holland, and was scammed by Shoes365buy.com. Unfortunately they've only got 3 (among which mine) complaints on scambook. But we know they're all the same. They also use the shower cap trick. Reason why I write to you is, I'm worried PayPal.nl isn't aware of these scams. What should I do? I already filed a complaint, but I don't feel like going through this whole stalling process by the seller. I buy shoes online as I'm in and out of hospital, got a chronic disease and can't just go to a regular store. I'm literally sick and tired, and can't take this claim process of months resulting in a "case closed, no refund" at the end. Too much energy waisted. I'm very upset with these people and know I'll fight, but healthwise it's not a good thing to do for me now. Any suggestions, or help from your part as a mediator to someone at PayPal.nl? You are aware, and over here they aren't. I'm just a singular case, thanks, Alex
Login to Me Too

redneon3
Contributor
Contributor

don't bother with the "contact us via email route" pick up the phone.  I called paypal and I got a refund from these scamers!

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm from the Netherlands, been scammed, too, by another company selling shoes. But what's in a name, right? I believe the so-called shower cap companies are all the same. I've been scammed by Shoes365buy.com. Only 3 complaints on scambook.com, but they operate in the same way. I belive it's a huge scam, not only shoes. Under other names it's about even more expensive equipment, too, I've noticed. So it's millions of dollars. I agree that the FBI or some other investigating unit on internet fraud should be investigating this thoroughly, so we're not just singular cases but one big case. I'm trying to get my money back over here in Holland, but they don't even know... I'm afraid there's a big maffia group behind it, and everyone of us is trying to solve his/her own case, but with so many names and international gang, I think it's almost hopeless to get my money back. It seems, however, PayPal believes somee of these cases. But can't they see globally? Can't they just gather all (bogus) company names, investigate or hand it over to the authorities? I'm desperate, please just leave a comment if you know how to go about, Alex, Holland, Europe
Login to Me Too

Badjuice
Contributor
Contributor

pelirrubia? haaai, alex. you found your way over. :-B

g'luck on your case there in holland; how did you pay for it? directly or through paypal?

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Just to let you know my case has been solved. But it took weeks of stress, emails to PayPal (that didn't work!) and, since last Friday, 2 calls to them directly. I was just one step short of "case closed". Yesterday, Sunday, Shoes365 gave PayPal the tracking number. PayPal emailed me the number, China Post, this morning. I didn't accept the tiny envelope, but got scared. I thought, Oh no, my case will be closed anyway. So just called PayPal again telling them it's a scam and that they should look into it. The representative told me literally they read all these forums and other sites, too, but that this information wasn't hard evidence it actually is a scam. Told him he should ask the fraud team, because last Friday they would hand over my file to them. And finally, after some nervewracking seconds, he came back to me saying: you"ll receive a refund. I'm happy it's over, but it's bitter sweet. Just checked scambook, and new cases are pouring in... WHEN WILL AN INTERNET FRAUD INVESTIGATION UNIT FINALLY INVESTIGATE ALL THESE SCAMMERS GLOBALLY?! This will cost PayPal a fortune and their good reputation (I'm sorry to say, Olivia). I've been using PayPal for many years, now, mainly on Ebay, and as a most satisfied customer. Up to this moment. I know I still will be safe on Ebay, will check out a company more thoroughly in the future, but still... Well, just to let you know things worked out fine in my case, but can't stop thinking about these huge scams. Hope they're going to get them! Alex. P.S. Thanks for your good advice!
Login to Me Too

Janeli
Contributor
Contributor

Recently found this site online after searching for some designer shoes I was trying to find cheap in the sales.  Ended up ordering two pairs at a cost of around 70 pounds.  I should have realized it was too good to be true.  Very cheap and free postage.  Nothing arrived.  Emailed the place three times to no avail.  Then checked out the reviews for this company and realised I had probably been scammed.  Came home from work last week and found a small padded envelope on my door mat stamped in Chinese.  I had received not my lovely shoes but a scouring pad!  I was gutted, couldn't believe it.  Immediately found the direct number for Paypal and told them what had happened.  They told me they would email these people and get back to me.  Surprisingly this place emailed Paypal straight away, along with a tracking number for parcel sent.  I guess this is why they send something rather than nothing.  I have the evidence if need be anyway, if I have to photograph or send to Paypal,  As yet I do not know what will happen.  These people are just scumbags, and something should be done to stop this keep happening.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.