Scam from Shoe seller in China

A-Dog
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by http://www.rekhsob.com/

I know I have been scammed; I'm currently working with the Paypal resolution team for a refund.  After reading some of the other 'scam' postings, I'm wondering if I will be successful in getting a refund.  Here's how the scam worked so far......

I see a legit website selling shoes.  Place an order for $120.00 paid thru Paypal and feeling pretty secure about the transaction because the seller's website uses Paypal.  I receive a 14 cent plastic shower cap sent to me from China in a small padded envelope.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what was behind this.  Why did I receive a shower cap from this company?  When Paypal said they would refund my money as long as I returned the item I was sent.  I could use any shipping company that has online tracking.  My first stop was the UPS store.  They told me it would cost me $90.00 to send it via UPS with online tracking (a .02 lb envelope).  So, there's part of the scam......now I have to pay an additional $90.00 to get my $120.00 back!   If I decide that's just too much money and not worth it, the seller wins and gets $120.00 from me for nothing (oh, the seller spent 14 cents for the shower cap and whatever the shipping cost was, I highly doubt it was over $5.00 to ship that junk to me, but I have to pay thru the nose to send it back to China).

My next stop was the US Post Office.  The price is around $12.00 for registered mail w/tracking, but I have to find out today if the tracking is the 'online tracking' that the Paypal email said I have to use. 

After reading some posts here, I realize that there might be more to this scam..........I saw  that when a buyer sent their merchandise back to China, it ended up sitting at a depot in China and the seller said they never received the merchandise back and Paypal didn't issue a refund because the seller never received the stuff.  I hope my claim doesn't end that way.

This dispute is not over yet.  I am currently working thru the dispute process with Paypal and I am going to try and send this cheap hotel give-away shower cap back to the address provided to me by Paypal.

I will never buy anything from China over the internet again. 

I'm surprised that Paypal still does business with a website that scams its customers.

Is there somewhere that a warning can be posted about scams like this (besides this forum)? 

Will Paypal discontinue dealing with a company that scams their American buyers?

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

teda16
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe how many people have been scammed and paypal tolerates it I am fuming!!! I wish I googled this seller before I purchased but me too seeing the paypal logo assumed if it was a scam they would stick up for me but no they just closed my case as soon as I let them know I got a shower cap instead of sandals. Even after this has been happening over and over again?? I guess they like criminals better than honest people. I am going to talk to my lawyer!!!!!!!! And the BBB.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi teda16,

I understand your frustration. 😞

Please call in to PayPal and speak with a representative. Read through this thread from the beginning and you'll see that others also had their cases closed through the automated process but were able to achieve resolution once a manual review was conducted.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

palpa
Contributor
Contributor

It really does work to call - and worth spedning the time it takes on hold.  I was told that they knew about this seller and that my money would be refunded immmediately.  I was also told that Paypal appreciates customers filing on line claims so that they can keep track of fraudulent sellers and remove them.

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
My deadline in the PayPal claim for the seller to respond ends next Monday. I didn't accept the ridiculous tiny package from China. So I finally made a call to PayPal yesterday. They told me seller hasn't responded yet (no track&trace number apparently, but there still remains a couple of days). And they would hand over my case to the fraude team! Hopefully they're going to find what I've found just googling for an afternoon. Too bad there's no way to hand over all info I already have gathered...My husband, IT expert, who also had to take some hacking classes, found even more. Apparently there's even more to this scam than all of us may have imagined. Can't share it here, in case "they" also keep track of this site and others to find out when to close shop and set up another fake company, Alex
Login to Me Too

Hedwigirl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alex,

I would just go ahead and call the the claims dept again (using the link from Badjuice's post on page 1 which will generate the pin #) so that you can at least get your money back. You can have a claim open before waiting for its outcome while also making this call (which was my case...customer service liked that I had taken multiple courses of action).

I would report all of your findings to the IC3 site so the FBI will have more back up.

Good luck!

Hedwigirl

Login to Me Too

Colibri
Contributor
Contributor

I too got scammed by the website shoes356buy. I read this topic before filing a complaint.

I called Paypal immediately, explained my case, the opened a complaint. So the seller replied to the complaint by providing proof of shipment and now Paypal decided in their favor! I called Paypal immediately and explained again what happened! Now, the lady on the phone wasn't as helpful as the guy the first time. She said that because I didn't buy the article on the ebay website, they could not check what I really bought. I said that I bought shoes, that I received a shower cap and that that cost me $ 65,20! She said she was sorry, but that Paypal couldn't help me and refund the amount I paid! I referred to cases on the internet, even on the PayPal Community... But she said there is nothing Paypal can do for me! 

So I guess, I am out of $ 65,20! I'm really disappointed. I was kind of **bleep** when I got scammed, I read this topic and I started hoping that everything would be okay in the end... Now, I'm just disappointed...

Hope that they are more people filling complaints against that website in the upcoming weeks/months, and that Paypal will look into my complaint again... I guess that will be false hope too!

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
God, you must feel upset and frustrated! If I'm coorect, we're 6 now. I can tell you this much: the website was bought last May the 3rd, and went "on air" the 20th. So, there WILL be more complaints coming. They aren't finished, yet. RiosShoes, AnneShoes, and whatever all their names are, practised their schemes for much longer, now. Shoes365buy is relatively new, and will be having as much complaints as all the others, I'm sure. I do hope every next victim will post their complaint on scambook, so we'll have a stronger case together. Also, I believe (but obviously can't be sure) they're all the same group of people, just starting fake businesses, and when it gets too hot, close shop and set up another one. You're listed on scambook, I hope? I told the PayPal representative the same you told, and now they're investigating it. As for outcome, I've got no clue. Can go either way. But you're NOT alone. Maybe call again, to another person? Or go to the police, or FBI, what some other victims have done? Don't know exactly how it works in your country, but I filed a report with the police, too, their internet fraud unit, called Paypal, and my resources aren't finished yet. I'm upset, too, or bluntly said, I'm p......d ("bleep"), Alex
Login to Me Too

mercedeh123
New Community Member

The system is set up in a way that there is a conflict of interest between papal and the buyers. If papal drop the scamming sellers there would be less business for them .

I hope pay pal would realize that in the long run people would use them less and less.

I have been Scammed about $2000. Buying a medical equipment from Hongkong and I was not able to file a complaint because it took 40days for the item to get here and the grace period for filing a complaint is 30 days.

So I have to assume intentionally or otherwise Ebay and payola are part of the problem not the solusion

good lock 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Colibri,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience!

While the automated process can easily miss this trend, representatives should be looking at this manually and catching it when you call. If you use Twitter, I recommend reaching out to @AskPayPal so a deeper look can be taken. If a mistake was made, it can be repaired and the teammate you spoke with can be coached to prevent any repeat errors.

Please let us know what happens!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Colibri
Contributor
Contributor

Well, thank you for your reply Olivia!

I actually did Twitter and the issue got resolved in less than an hour! I am delighted! Sooooo happy! 😄

I send a direct message, and immediately they replied to ask if I received a worthless item! I guess they know what I was talking about, unlike the girl from the customer center!

Thank you so much @AskPayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.