PAYPAL INST XFER from bank account, not in Paypal account, not related to purchase

annabananamc
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase in iTunes for $10.99 using Paypal, with instant transfer from checking account. All fine. At the same exact time, another withdrawal was made from my checking account for @$87 with a slightly different transaction ID but same WEB ID (PAYPALSI66). I did NOT make this purchase, and it does NOT show up in my Paypal account, either. 

I don't even know where to start to get this fixed, and I'm concerned that it could happen again, for more money. 

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

annabananamc -

Welcome to the Community!

That's a great concern, and I would be asking many of the same questions!  One of the first things I always recommend when researching unrecognized bank charges is to go through the transfers through the last couple of days.  Open up the details of the bank transfer for each transaction, and see how much was actually pulled from the bank. It's always possible we didn't need to get the full amount of a purchase from your bank.

For example, you said the transfer was $87.  Have you recently had any purchases larger than that?  If so, check those.

If you still can't locate it, it's possible someone else in your household has registered your debit card for the bank account.  Be sure to check in with that person before reporting a charge as unauthorized.

If you still can't locate the source of the charge, be sure to reach out to customer service.  Have the date and amount ready; they may also need to search by your account numbers to locate any charges.  From there, they can advise you how to proceed.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

annabananamc -

Welcome to the Community!

That's a great concern, and I would be asking many of the same questions!  One of the first things I always recommend when researching unrecognized bank charges is to go through the transfers through the last couple of days.  Open up the details of the bank transfer for each transaction, and see how much was actually pulled from the bank. It's always possible we didn't need to get the full amount of a purchase from your bank.

For example, you said the transfer was $87.  Have you recently had any purchases larger than that?  If so, check those.

If you still can't locate it, it's possible someone else in your household has registered your debit card for the bank account.  Be sure to check in with that person before reporting a charge as unauthorized.

If you still can't locate the source of the charge, be sure to reach out to customer service.  Have the date and amount ready; they may also need to search by your account numbers to locate any charges.  From there, they can advise you how to proceed.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

annabananamc
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian - thank you so much for your help, and you were spot on with this "For example, you said the transfer was $87.  Have you recently had any purchases larger than that?  If so, check those."

I found a purchase for $106 or so, and apparently had a paypal balance that covered part of it. The rest was the bank transfer, and it showed up in the details. 

Thanks again, I continue to appreciate the ease of working with Paypal for online purchases and ecommerce sites I build!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi annabananamc,

Thank you for coming back to let us know that your question is resolved!

Oh, and thank you for having a name that's so fun to type! 😉

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

annabananamc -

Woot! I like it when I can help someone out.  I'm glad you like the service - if you ever have a client (or you!) who is looking to take their processing offline, have then checkout PayPal Here.  I think they'll like it!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.